• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Walsall FA CUP 1st round

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
And then again, there was Alvechurch......
Now you've gone and done it, ruined my morning.

Last edited:

Thames Valley Red

Bognor and 'Curzton' were bad as well. How about a FLASH MOB SIEGE for the FACUP game!

FAN-TATIC

Yeah.. we gave them a run for their money for an hour at SJP in 1969.... Banksy gave us a shock lead. They had a couple of handy lads playing for them -one guy called Best springs to mind.
Best? he was so sh*t he chose to retire before he was 30! Give me Wingate everytime!;)

PS. Different game, different day. Walsall will be no pushover. You heard it here first.

Last edited:

Ian Tarr

Now you've gone and done it, ruined my morning.
I was really looking for a response from Mr Devlin...... ;)

Last edited:

crocks

Bognor and 'Curzton' were bad as well. How about a FLASH MOB SIEGE for the FACUP game!
Curzton wasnt that bad. They had a purple day where everything they hit went in the back of the net and City were a little under par. If the game had gone on for another 5 minutes, City would have got the equaliser.

GrecianWonder

Curzton wasnt that bad. They had a purple day where everything they hit went in the back of the net and City were a little under par. If the game had gone on for another 5 minutes, City would have got the equaliser.
sure it was Curzon Ashton??

crocks

sure it was Curzon Ashton??
...or Cousin Ashley.....

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Home tie,that will do....Cup games are always different than 'run of the mill' league games,so it will be intresting.....

FA Cup attendances have been on the fall in recent seasons across the country & if we get more than 3,500 into SJP for this one,it will be a surprise....
SIEGE!!! If we win saturday it should be over 4k, good news anyway as another unbudgetted home match to bridge the gap in our lower average crowds this season.

Hope Reading allow Jake Taylor to become cup tied (hope there isn't wales u21 that week as it does clash with international break), and ditto Oakley if his loan is extended. Duffy should be fit for squad and maybe bauza recovered for at least a bench spot.

Last edited:

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Wales u21 away to armenia on tues 15th so hopefully he will be allowed to join up after the first round match if reading allow him to play.

AlanDevlin

And then again, there was Alvechurch......
:$ I still see that gaping open goal in front of me..... sorry... HIM.... ;)

Shame Exeweb wasn't about then - the comments would have made an interesting read!

Last edited: