• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Stevenage Match Day Thread

Arthur Davey

Zanzala also with a good chance but he took too long and couldn't seem to get it out of his feet properly. While he will do until the end of the season, I don't think I'd sign him permanently.
Looked like he was out on his feet & barely had the legs left to get a decent shot off.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
We haven’t won it yet, we’re still 4 points off top having played a game more - wind your neck in and give Max his medal back.
We haven't............. but we will. ;)

grecIAN Harris

That first goal gets better every time you see it. Who doesn’t love a defender’s bullet header? Magnificent.
I said on Stubbsy own thread, it was like watching Shaun Taylor thundering in during the Championship season. It's been coming for a few weeks now. Stubbsy has been getting on corners and just not quite getting enough on his header or flashing it just wide/over. That said his second was definitely a foul. I was surprised he got away with it during the game and having watched the goals on the box last night couldn't believe how the ref didn't give a free kick. It's about time had the rub of the green.

Last edited:

grecIAN Harris

Just as an aside does anybody know what game Andrew Barge was watching yesterday? His summing up at about 5:20 on Radio Devon went something along the lines of, poor quality battle in which City were never fully in control of with Stevenage giving us plenty of things to worry about (that's not a direct quote). I thought we played really well, bossed the game throughout apart from when we switched off for 45 seconds at the back which lead to their goal. Apart from when they were chasing an equaliser late on Stevenage were never really in it through their own efforts and were flattered by the scoreline. We really should have done them four or five with the chances we had.

Red red

Yesterday was a good win but scrappy game really until it opened up in the last 15. Saying MJ missed was Coley esq and would if finished the game. MOM for was Me Rowe thought his composure was excellent. 3 big points that’s the main thing.now to Newport. Anything there I do believe we may go up but watched City for a long time now so only dreaming. As for winning the league I don’t care just want top 3

Pobbop

The centre-halves haven't scored many, but darned hell they've almost all been pretty vital. In the end I just don't care how we win ATM. It's just get those 3 points.

Would be nice if we could be more clinical, but we're getting it done.

fred binneys head

We haven't............. but we will. ;)
I hope we do (obviously) but, until we have, stop gloating about a prediction you’ve made that hasn’t come true yet. Deal?

grecIAN Harris

I hope we do (obviously) but, until we have, stop gloating about a prediction you’ve made that hasn’t come true yet. Deal?
Can't do that Fred. Far too much excitement about it. If I stop it stops. If I stop because you've asked me to and we **** it up, it's on you!! :p

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
We're going to win the League. ;) 🏆
Very unlikely.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just as an aside does anybody know what game Andrew Barge was watching yesterday? His summing up at about 5:20 on Radio Devon went something along the lines of, poor quality battle in which City were never fully in control of with Stevenage giving us plenty of things to worry about (that's not a direct quote). I thought we played really well, bossed the game throughout apart from when we switched off for 45 seconds at the back which lead to their goal. Apart from when they were chasing an equaliser late on Stevenage were never really in it through their own efforts and were flattered by the scoreline. We really should have done them four or five with the chances we had.
Obviously he was peed off at that lot 40 mileish W of the Fairer City of Exeter losing and took it out on us !