• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Stevenage Match Day Thread

Bridgy 81

Wind you're neck in, I'm just playing it up because most of you though I was off of my rocker when I said it. If, and there's still a fair bit to do to make it happen, I'm am right then you'll be to delieriously happy to care
Sorry,
I don’t understand what you’ve just said, it seems a bit mangled to me.
Maybe you should re-read it.
Nevermind.
I’ll wind my neck in, if that’s what you want.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sorry,
I don’t understand what you’ve just said, it seems a bit mangled to me.
Maybe you should re-read it.
Nevermind.
I’ll wind my neck in, if that’s what you want.
Do you actually know what I was on about in the first place? That might help.

Bridgy 81

Do you actually know what I was on about in the first place? That might help.
Enlighten me.

grecIAN Harris

Enlighten me.
I said at the begining of February that we would win the League. Most, understandably, scoffed at the thought given that Village Green were so far ahead. In the meantime we are on a run of one defeat in fifteen and Village Green are blowing up (yes, I realise they won Monday for the first time in eight games but they were poor against a poorer Colchester side) hence 'I told you February' which I very much stand by. I genuinely believed it when I said it and it's looking more and more likely by the game. Make sense now?

denzel

I said at the begining of February that we would win the League. Most, understandably, scoffed at the thought given that Village Green were so far ahead. In the meantime we are on a run of one defeat in fifteen and Village Green are blowing up (yes, I realise they won Monday for the first time in eight games but they were poor against a poorer Colchester side) hence 'I told you February' which I very much stand by. I genuinely believed it when I said it and it's looking more and more likely by the game. Make sense now?
From the highlights, Colchester didn't look poor today. We will certainly need to be on top of our game to beat them in our next home game

denzel

Stubbs was imperious, I thought the second goal was OK. Brown was excellent. Rowe was good but not the MoM in my opinion.
I really hope the likes of Ozzie and MJ can find their shooting boots soon.

Grecian Max

Ian, at the time I think a fair few thought it was possible to win it still given the amount of games left and that it obvious that we were looking like a solid unit of a team...

Either way, does it matter to shout with such veracity about it, who cares we're looking class and probably going to go up - it's party time not moaners corner, let's save that for next season 🥳

David Treharne

From the highlights, Colchester didn't look poor today. We will certainly need to be on top of our game to beat them in our next home game
I'd say that that statement applies to all the remaining games. I think that it's pointless looking at the form, or otherwise, of what is happening around us, it's down to Exeter City to win as many of those games as we can. A notable difference today (when I didn't think that we played particularly well) as opposed to last season, was even with the injuries the squad is carrying, the potential strength off the bench. Last sea son, if Ryan Bowman wasn't firing, he alternatives were thin on the ground. This season is different. Just a thought.

Bridgy 81

Thank you for telling me what makes sense now.
I hope we win the league, but I’m happy if we’re promoted in anyway.

grecIAN Harris

Ian, at the time I think a fair few thought it was possible to win it still given the amount of games left and that it obvious that we were looking like a solid unit of a team...

Either way, does it matter to shout with such veracity about it, who cares we're looking class and probably going to go up - it's party time not moaners corner, let's save that for next season 🥳
Another one taking it just a little bit too seriously..........🤨