• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Stevenage Match Day Thread

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Continuing to look confident and assured in our play without showing any signs of anxiety….the sooner our strikers start putting some chances away the better though, to me this is the only part of our game that is missing at the moment.…Stubbs MoM Rowe moved the ball around very well too.

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
One of the worst referees seen at the park this season. Missed handballs, inconsistent - why was Key booked for standing his ground but their player didn't get anything for taking Sparkes legs away, and got so many decisions wrong, it was embarrassing. Poor Zanzala, no wonder he was knackered at the end, been pushed, pulled and his shirt nearly taken off with no protection from the ref

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
You clearly have a problem with basic comprehension!!??
Judging by the nature of what you have just posted you are clearly not a very pleasant person. I asked the question because if it was, as it now appears to be, MT you were referring to I found it difficult to comprehend what you were basing your opinion on. That said to each his own so I will leave it there now.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
One of the worst referees seen at the park this season. Missed handballs, inconsistent - why was Key booked for standing his ground but their player didn't get anything for taking Sparkes legs away, and got so many decisions wrong, it was embarrassing. Poor Zanzala, no wonder he was knackered at the end, been pushed, pulled and his shirt nearly taken off with no protection from the ref
I dont agree. Zanzala is usually the one making the initial foul by backing into his defender too heavily. He's yet to master the art of winning free kicks with his back to goal ala Marcus Stewart style.

SaintJames

All in all a very well deserved win and we have created enough chances to win several games today. Rowe was a revelation when I was expecting a nervous wreck making his home league city debut. Him and Archie combined really well and I really hope Matty sticks with the same line up excepting Caprice to come in for Sparkes and Dieng for MJ at Newport. The back three and Cam were excellent and ultimately our promotion will be seen to co-incide with the emergence of our leader Sam Stubbs after his injury break. Jevani continued his fantastic form of late with the two key assists and unlike some others I thought Zanzala was excellent and is clearly the best starting option we have by a stretch (accepting he isnt the complete package). Josh was a marauding menace in the first half and that mazy run and shot deserved a goal. However, he does have a tendency to switch off and those moments can still cost us like it did today. MJ was summed up by THAT miss and has become a pale shadow of himself over the past two months. Personally I would give him a rest and put Tim in for him at Newport. Final comment reserved for Sparkes who I'm sure the Manager finds frustrating. Some excellent deliveries and some total and utter garbage minutes later with crosses ending up out of play. He is unpredictable and I wasn't surprised that Stevenage were trying to exploit that notably in the final twenty minutes when much of their threat came down his side of the pitch. I cant decide if he will improve or end up playing for Weston in a few years time?

LDNGrecian

I disagree, I think he was incredibly consistent with the wrestling and jostling with the ball in the air.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just remember, I told you in February................
Told us what?

Bridgy 81

Just remember, I told you in February................
No disrespect, but you always seem very keen to tell us all when you’re right.
Maybe you could be more content, if that happens, to be a little more discreet.

Bridgy 81

All in all a very well deserved win and we have created enough chances to win several games today. Rowe was a revelation when I was expecting a nervous wreck making his home league city debut. Him and Archie combined really well and I really hope Matty sticks with the same line up excepting Caprice to come in for Sparkes and Dieng for MJ at Newport. The back three and Cam were excellent and ultimately our promotion will be seen to co-incide with the emergence of our leader Sam Stubbs after his injury break. Jevani continued his fantastic form of late with the two key assists and unlike some others I thought Zanzala was excellent and is clearly the best starting option we have by a stretch (accepting he isnt the complete package). Josh was a marauding menace in the first half and that mazy run and shot deserved a goal. However, he does have a tendency to switch off and those moments can still cost us like it did today. MJ was summed up by THAT miss and has become a pale shadow of himself over the past two months. Personally I would give him a rest and put Tim in for him at Newport. Final comment reserved for Sparkes who I'm sure the Manager finds frustrating. Some excellent deliveries and some total and utter garbage minutes later with crosses ending up out of play. He is unpredictable and I wasn't surprised that Stevenage were trying to exploit that notably in the final twenty minutes when much of their threat came down his side of the pitch. I cant decide if he will improve or end up playing for Weston in a few years time?
What’s wrong with WsM?