• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Stevenage Match Day Thread

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
you are kidding yourself Evans !! And the Stevenage fans who will suss you out sooner or later Ya mug.

"We wish Exeter well, they're a good club."

"Stubbs first goal was brilliant - second one was a foul" Matt T said much the same....

"Oldham are a good team - they should have beaten Exeter last week"

Can't argue with any of this, except perhaps the last bit. Seemed a perfectly fair and reasonable interview to me....

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agree entirely, three points are always welcome but 2-1 home wins over the likes of Stevenage and Crawley do not auger well for a successful time in league one. I’m sure we’re serious about promotion, I just hope we’re also serious about getting the kind of strike force necessary to stay there. Non league ‘strikers’ like Zangala and others we’ve invested in over the past couple of years just won’t hack it.
Tramps, squads are built and rebuilt. Matt brought in a range of high quality players to give us the best shot at promotion this season. I think you will agree it's going to plan. A squad for League One will also require canny recruitment and we wont be lining up on the first game next season with the same group of players. I liked the look of the lad Norris and should they get relegated he will fit in nicely alongside Nombe in my opinion

arthur

Because the ball didn’t go out of play
It did. There was a thrown in in front of the Stanno stand when they could have brought him on but didn't

arthur

A squad for League One will also require canny recruitment and we wont be lining up on the first game next season with the same group of players. I liked the look of the lad Norris and should they get relegated he will fit in nicely alongside Nombe in my opinion
This is my point. I would hope we are eyeing up potential recruits now and drawing up a list of targets we'll be going for

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought Zanzala played really well, he was a right handful and controlled the ball under pressure a lot better than he did at port vale, and I thought he did well there. He was clearly knackered 10 minutes before he came off and I felt sorry for him when he was through on goal as I never fancied him to score as he was so exhausted.
Agree with this entirely. Second half he impressed me with his control of the ball under massive physical pressure. He's definitely a good alternative to Nombe in that respect. He's never going to match Nombe for goal threat though.

grecIAN Harris

Interesting that Forest Green still have to play Mansfield twice, somethings got to give.
Not to mention their last four games, Rovers away, Swindon away, Harrogate away and the away part of those two Mansfield games. Their form is shot and if it carries on until then, they aren't going to get a lot of change out of those four.

manc grecian

Tramps, squads are built and rebuilt. Matt brought in a range of high quality players to give us the best shot at promotion this season. I think you will agree it's going to plan. A squad for League One will also require canny recruitment and we wont be lining up on the first game next season with the same group of players. I liked the look of the lad Norris and should they get relegated he will fit in nicely alongside Nombe in my opinion
I'd add Elliott list to the list as well

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Only 1 match to play in the next 12 days.Gives the players an opportunity to rest some tired bodies.I think this has come at the right time.

red1

In Stubbs we trust

PeteUSA

Think we had another excellent referee again. Got all the big decisions right, including our second goal. :unsure: