• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Stevenage Match Day Thread

David Treharne

The sun hasn't really burned off the haze, although it's now 17c. The breeze (ESE) has increased in strength during the course of the morning, but it probably wont be a significant factor in the game. I think it'll be really interesting to see how the team is set up this afternoon and also to see how long it is before their manager loses his cool with either the referee, the crowd or his own team. Looking forward to what I think will be a dour encounter.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tighter game than most will expect, they will have rested last week (covid break or maybe a Steve Evans tactic to rest his new squad and assess them?) a team keen to impress the new manager in his first game and several 'old boys' wanting to put one over their old employer, all that against a much better but injury hit, patched up, fatigued team (this is city's 7th game in March and Satanage's 4th!) so my head is saying a
2 - 2 but my heart hopes for 2 - 0. UTC!
Hopefully our Stevenage 'old boys' will be equally keen. Zanzala was only briefly there on loan but Diabate will definitely have a point to prove.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Two teams will start with a steely determination not to concede and to close down the opposition in a heart beat. However, we have Sam Stubbs and they dont and MJ will win the midfield battle over old boy Taylor leading to a 79th minute winner seeing SJP rocking to the hilt in front of 5,999.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
I will be, must remember my sunglasses!:cool:
Enjoy it you lucky person , hopefully a lovely afternoon all round. Capped off with another win.

rustle

Stevenage will start out high tempo trying to impress the new boss, they'll soon discover it's a waste of effort and we'll start putting them under pressure as the first half goes by. Second half we'll have them reeling after MT sorts things out.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Pointless fact of the day, we are the only unbeaten side over the last five games in the top ten.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
The big question is do I take a coat or not? I've been caught out before thinking it's warm enough not too and then froze my nuts off all second half. It gets pretty cold in the doble stand.

Ash

The big question is do I take a coat or not? I've been caught out before thinking it's warm enough not too and then froze my nuts off all second half. It gets pretty cold in the doble stand.
No, definitely no coat!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

CWH-NYC_

Happy enough with that line up.