• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Rochdale match day thread

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
So what is the difference in you being allowed to be 100% convinced that we're going up and me being allowed to be 100% convinced we're going up as Champions? I'm not assuming it's going to happen, it could all go severely tits up in the next three games or Village Green might take it beyond our control anyway. But until that happens, why shouldn't be allowed to remain100% convinced we're going to win the League?
The issue is your first sentence, in which you're 100% convinced we're going us as champions, is entirely at odds with your second one in which you recognise it 'could all go severely tits up'. Fred and I are as keen as you that we should go up as champions but don't regard that, or promotion, as a fait accompli.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
The issue is your first sentence, in which you're 100% convinced we're going us as champions, is entirely at odds with your second one in which you recognise it 'could all go severely tits up'. Fred and I are as keen as you that we should go up as champions but don't regard that, or promotion, as a fait accompli.
You can be convinced of what is happening whilst being aware of the pitfalls.

Matt Russell

Doesn't being convinced exclude pitfalls?

Reactions: Egg

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Doesn't being convinced exclude pitfalls?
No it's understanding they are there to be manouvered around. It's when you don't know or recognise they are there is when you fall down them.

Matt Russell

Ah, almost certain.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yawn