• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Rochdale match day thread

Memphis09

Rockfish was awesome, thanks. Plenty of fish consumed, food was superb, service was excellent.
Love rockfish

Pobbop

With regards signing a striker (and obviously we will need at least a couple - I am talking about a top quality one here) I think the first thing is to have a long hard think and realistic appraisal of Nombe's likely fitness next season. If his injuries this season were just unlucky or a consequence of his body having to get used to playing a lot of football for the first time then we cannot readily go out and sign a 20 goal a season man. It would be expensive and such a player would not join if they will not be starting most of the matches which then results in an unhappy Nombe who is fit, presumably expensive himself and wasted just coming off the bench when he is more than good enough to be starting at that level. If on the other hand Nombe is likely to be again out for long spells we won't have much choice but to go out and get the top notch striker we would need.
We need at least one quality striker, even if Nombe is fully fit, none of these loan signings will cut it in Division 3, and Seymour is gone. One marquee and a couple of back-ups.

Norwood maybe an option.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Agree, when it come to recruitment from now on it should be striker, striker, striker preferably those proven to put the ball in the net. The rest of the team is just fine until these bases are covered.
Well we have done well with most of our goals coming from midfield this season. It's all about the delivery!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sweenz is definitely in the seasoned pro level now and at times is playing more like a seasoned veteran in the Woody mode. He has that senior pro feel to him now although only 27 and entering his prime years. I wonder if the decision to move back here has really settled him into having his most consistent and best season along with playing in the position that suits him to the ground.
Woody matured into a very fine player for us but I don’t think he ever showed the on-pitch leadership that Pierce has for us this season. For me the better comparison is with Rob Edwards and the role he played in our double promotion winning team.

Positive spin

When we were last promoted to League 1 I seem to recall Tisdale had four decent strikers to call on. Cureton and Nardielo and the others were ?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
On topic. The 360

Trapdoor

Can we persuade Jayden to come back? :D

grecIAN Harris

When we were last promoted to League 1 I seem to recall Tisdale had four decent strikers to call on. Cureton and Nardielo and the others were ?
If you're on about when we were actually in League One Logie and Stanno. If it was the season we actually won promotion, we didn't have either of the two you mentioned, it was Logie, Basham, Fleetwood (for the back end of the season) and McAllister.

denzel

If you're on about when we were actually in League One Logie and Stanno. If it was the season we actually won promotion, we didn't have either of the two you mentioned, it was Logie, Basham, Fleetwood (for the back end of the season) and McAllister.
Stanno was a big part of our promotion season. In fact he think he was top scorer

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agree, when it come to recruitment from now on it should be striker, striker, striker preferably those proven to put the ball in the net. The rest of the team is just fine until these bases are covered.
Goalkeeper ?