• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Rochdale match day thread

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
If the preconception is expecting players to play up to their ability then yes. We all saw last season what Josh is very capable of and on a regular basis. Can you honestly say he is been anywhere near that good this season or been as consistent?
He was extremely close to his best when he beat the same player three times in about 10 second half seconds.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
He was extremely close to his best when he beat the same player three times in about 10 second half seconds.
But what came of it? A throw in if I recall and I'm not even sure it was ours.

Pobbop

There was contact with Jevani, on that pen, he went down easy, but no way was that a darned dive, right in front of me, same as I think it was a pen against Sweenz, which is probably why I thought he had a poor game whilst others didn't was a stupid challenge that could have changed the match. Both pens for me.

Yet who gives a ****, the future is bright and you all know it's darned red and white

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I felt very nervous watching that today. I think it was the start which did it. Overall we definitely deserved the win but I was perhaps greedily hoping for a third so I could relax fully , Rochdale could have scored late on and even if undeserved at two one sometimes a freak mistake or worldie can occasionally cost.

For Tuesday I hope we start faster, we should be capable of beating barrow fairly comfortably but I think they will be trying to make it a physical battle and IF they remained level into the second half or even worse managed to get a goal up could pack bodies behind the ball and try to spoil.

Barrow had six on the bench today and have lost one today so hopefully this also helps. They can relax more but don’t expect them to be capable of moving the ball like Rochdale did. I guess different systems suit different players but it seems strange to me they were happy to offload zanzala on loan.

StroudGrecian

I felt very nervous watching that today. I think it was the start which did it. Overall we definitely deserved the win but I was perhaps greedily hoping for a third so I could relax fully , Rochdale could have scored late on and even if undeserved at two one sometimes a freak mistake or worldie can occasionally cost.

For Tuesday I hope we start faster, we should be capable of beating barrow fairly comfortably but I think they will be trying to make it a physical battle and IF they remained level into the second half or even worse managed to get a goal up could pack bodies behind the ball and try to spoil.

Barrow had six on the bench today and have lost one today so hopefully this also helps. They can relax more but don’t expect them to be capable of moving the ball like Rochdale did. I guess different systems suit different players but it seems strange to me they were happy to offload zanzala on loan.
Yes I've pondered this too, alongside Newport being happy to loan us Amond for the season - two players hugely important to us, but both loaned from divisional rivals.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Daft comment. We scored twice, so by the above standard we all turned up for about 10 seconds worth.

It was our throw.

Cowshed Grecian

But then again if you look at things like that, all these people who go on about Hartridges dangerous long throws, I can’t recall us ever scoring from one 😂...Oldham Away, maybe when Taylor scored, was linked to his throw.

fred binneys head

Decent second half performance today and ultimately a deserved win. Thought Archie did well, as did the back four (including Cam). Can’t be at the Barrow game which looks like being the one, but I’ll be at Northampton and down for the Vale game.

Please win on Tuesday, City, and let’s all go to Northampton for a party.

fred binneys head

PeteUSA

youtube highlights - for people outside of the UK who are prohibited by Sky: