• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Rochdale match day thread

Red & White

They definitely should have had 10 men. Mcnulty clearly front OZ out of play and elbowed him on the face. The fact he came off shortly after further proved this.
Added to the 'kick out' when he tackled Oz in the penalty box. He was lucky the ref and lino missed the stamp/kick after Oz had been brought to the ground.

A Slacker

Sweeney was outstanding today and really helped young Chieke who also benefited from Grounds’ experience. After the first ten shaky minutes City dominated and took complete control. However I enjoyed watching Rochdale and seeing Jimmy Keohane back at SJP.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
It looked like Pierce shoved Odoh in the box first half. I thought it was a nailed on pen, but judging by Sweens' reaction it looked like he felt Odoh dived. Is that how others saw it? Never seen Pierce so riled at a player before.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
It looked like Pierce shoved Odoh in the box first half. I thought it was a nailed on pen, but judging by Sweens' reaction it looked like he felt Odoh dived. Is that how others saw it? Never seen Pierce so riled at a player before.
You don't want to see how riled he can be if we end up in play offs !

grecIAN Harris

It was one of those you've seen given. Had it been given some would say it would have been soft but Sweenz certainly leaned into Odoh and I thought Sweenz got away with one.

STURTZ

Jevanl went down in a similar place, got booked for it. Was right in front of me but I have no comment on either decision.

BTW I thought Brown was excellent again today and who knew he had a long throw?

Cowshed Grecian

I’ve just seen the highlights of the match, I didn’t realise how good MJ goal was. To make that run from where he was and anticipate that, for me why he’s technically the best “second striker” at this level when he’s on his game.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jevanl went down in a similar place, got booked for it. Was right in front of me but I have no comment on either decision.

Needs to make sure his feet aren't over the line though !

grecIAN Harris

Once we weathered that opening 15 minutes when Rochdale should probably have scored twice we settled down and created numerous goal scoring chances, credit to the dale keeper for keeping the scores level for a while …once we took the lead we pretty much controlled most of the match, Rochdale had enough about their attacking play to ensure we couldn’t fully relax even at 2:0…..to me Key and Collins have really stepped up in the last four or five games and were once again excellent today…Dawson also superb.
Key stepped up?? Really?? Of all the players this season, he has been the most inconsistant and disappointing. He had his head turned at the start of the season with all the Sunderland talk and his performances never really recovered. He has shown flashes of what he is capable of at times but not enough to see what all the fuss was about from last season and defensively there have been times when he doesn't know whether he is on his arse or his elbow. If anybody needed taking out of the firing line and resting for a couple of weeks it should have been Key but it's too late for that now. One thing is for certain, he won't be getting the attention that he did last summer.

grecIAN Harris

I can give you a comment on Jevani's dive........ it was exactly that. A dive. You could even see the marks in the pitch where he dug his boots into the ground to try himself look like he had been tripped. He got exactly what he deserved, a booking.