• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Rochdale match day thread

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Here we go then, I’ve started it. About to set off from Derby for what I’m hoping will be an amazing day out. A comprehensive City win and Rovers, Sutton, Northampton, Mansfield and Tranmere all failing to win, plus a slap up meal at Rockfish.

COYR.
If we win

Bristol Rovers, Northampton and Sutton lose
Mansfield could draw
Northampton could win

and we will have seen them all off.

Last edited:

older-codger

If we win

Mansfield could draw
Northampton could win

Going to be difficult for Northampton to win and lose :unsure:;)

David Treharne

It's a dull, windy day in Exeter. It's 12c, but the brisk NE wind makes it feel much cooler. There's also a hint of drizzle in the wind. There was just a trace of rain in the last 24 hours, and rainfall for April is way down on what I've plotted in previous years. The cloud cover is light grey, but there's not much sign of that changing any time soon.Overall, for late(ish) April it's pretty disappointing. Nothing to indicate it at the moment, but it wouldn't be a suprise if we had rain later in the day, which I'll look at again at around 13:00.
As to the game itself, can't see too many goals, as we've been creating chances but not putting them away, which might be changed it Sam Nombe plays a part in one or two of the remaining games.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Another big day - 3 points any way we can please - think it will be an open game.
2-1 City - Jay & Phillips

COYR

Spoonz Red E

Going to be difficult for Northampton to win and lose :unsure:;)
:) oops...

I meant to say

Mansfield could draw
Tranmere could win

Banksy

Another big day - 3 points any way we can please - think it will be an open game.
2-1 City - Jay & Phillips

COYR
Matt Jay is certainly due a goal or two although I seem to remember making the same comment several games ago. Scoring many isn’t our strong suit at the moment.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's a match where Jay should be looking forwards and not backwards.Collins and Dieng have no excuses for not being able to deal with Rochdales midfield. A front 3 is more likely to win this match the an a front 2 with Jay drifting around the entire pitch using up his energy for no gain on the scoreboard.

SaintJames

Hopefully I am totally wrong but feelings it will be an anti-climax of a game with us scraping a 1-1 draw 7,202 fans feeling a tad dejected but elated on Tue with a win to seal promotion (after others only draw today).

Nombe on the bench getting ten minutes to test his hammer before Tuesday

Steve H

Each home game brings more nerves and more expectation!!
Can't see any need to tinker with the line up today even after the Tranmere result....

David Treharne

The sun is making an effort to come out from behind the grey clouds, but although it's 13c, it still feels colder in the persistent NE breeze. There are still flecks of rain in the air, and all this is not helping to establish my newly acquired apricot tree.
I hope that we make a good start to the game to allay any fears that Rochdale might prove more potent up front than they appear to be. Be interesting to see if Nombe makes the bench (or not!)