• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Rochdale match day thread

ExeterCraic

There is a seismic change in loaning players to the National League however, which may not fit with our Club's methodology. At present we are loaning our youngsters "locally" to part time Clubs who train at most twice twice a week. This allows them to continue training with us at the same time. Regulations at this level also permit us to play them in youth matches and secondary competitions such as the "Mickey Mouse, Tin Pot Cup"
None of this would be possible in the National League where not only are the vast majority of the teams "Full-time", but loan regulations are less flexible.
That's true, I suppose it will be up to the club to decide on a case by case basis whether they feel it will be more beneficial for the player to train and play full time at another professional team but at a slightly lower level to us, or to play at an even lower level but continue to be able to train/play with us when required.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
There is a seismic change in loaning players to the National League however, which may not fit with our Club's methodology. At present we are loaning our youngsters "locally" to part time Clubs who train at most twice twice a week. This allows them to continue training with us at the same time. Regulations at this level also permit us to play them in youth matches and secondary competitions such as the "Mickey Mouse, Tin Pot Cup"
None of this would be possible in the National League where not only are the vast majority of the teams "Full-time", but loan regulations are less flexible.
You make a good point. However, do we know for sure whether the club seeks to avoid loaning players to National League clubs, for the reasons you outline above, or could it simply be that no National League clubs have come in for any of them?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
You make a good point. However, do we know for sure whether the club seeks to avoid loaning players to National League clubs, for the reasons you outline above, or could it simply be that no National League clubs have come in for any of them?
Depending on the circumstances we do loan to NL Clubs. This season we have made loans to Yeovil, Aldershot, and Torquay. In the case of Sparkes to Torquay it was a for a strictly limited period to get him match fit, on the other hand with Seymour and Daniel it was probably that they had become deemed as surplus to requirements

tonykellowfan

The bookies have us at either 1/100 or 1/200 to go up.

So any doomongers can get good odds on us failing if they want to have a bet.

grecIAN Harris

Not at all, I just don’t think we should be talking as if we’re up, until we’re up. I remain 100% convinced we will go up, but won’t assume it’s happened until it’s happened.
So what is the difference in you being allowed to be 100% convinced that we're going up and me being allowed to be 100% convinced we're going up as Champions? I'm not assuming it's going to happen, it could all go severely tits up in the next three games or Village Green might take it beyond our control anyway. But until that happens, why shouldn't be allowed to remain100% convinced we're going to win the League?

Grecian2K

Having referred to the latest update of G-o-T's wonderful probability site I'm currently 98.6% confident of automatic promotion but only 18.5% confident of winning the league.

As with COVID I prefer to defer to "the science" in these matters.

Mind you, this could all significantly change by 10pm tomorrow.

fred binneys head

So what is the difference in you being allowed to be 100% convinced that we're going up and me being allowed to be 100% convinced we're going up as Champions? I'm not assuming it's going to happen, it could all go severely tits up in the next three games or Village Green might take it beyond our control anyway. But until that happens, why shouldn't be allowed to remain100% convinced we're going to win the League?
Where I have said you can’t?

tonykellowfan

The title race is a 2 horse race with the bookies. FGR are 7/1 on and we are 6/1 against.

Alistair20000

The title race is a 2 horse race with the bookies. FGR are 7/1 on and we are 6/1 against.
A bit of 6/1 is attractive.