• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Rochdale match day thread

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
Noton 3-1

E: I lied, its 4-1

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
Toe poked in from a Sparkes free kick. Keeper positioned too far back and in it goes off his leg.
Sparkes not on the pitch. It was Archie that delivered

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've seen those given. Adoo goes down in the box under pressure from 2 City defenders. No way Dale are out of this.
Honestly I thought that was a penalty, though the camera angle didn't show Sweeney's arm contact, but it looked like it went across the player who had beaten him and Key.

Sparkes not on the pitch. It was Archie that delivered
Perhaps this puts Max's previous post into a clearer context?

Max Payne 2

Dawson, Dieng and Jay the best City players that half. Dawson's pair of great stops from Keohane stopped Rochdale opening the scoring and making this a maybe different match entirely. Diabate has been decent at the back. A good, quick game and other than a foul on Zanzala near the half that should have been given, the ref's done a decent job.

thermopylai

Good half.
Was really important we started well, with no lasting impact from the Tranmere loss. Back on course.

So often in the past we've NEEDED to rely on other teams losing - this time its in our hands, and I think that helps us relax and play all the better.

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sweenz has been immense this half and Archie is pulling the strings in midfield

Max Payne 2

Perhaps this puts Max's previous post into a clearer context?
My. bad then. i'm going off the commentary a bit too.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
After all the angst on here over the last few days, much of it mine, so far the match has followed the hoped-for script and been surprisingly stress-free. It took the new-look defence 10 minutes to get their positioning sorted out but since then City have been on top. Rochdale have been exactly as it was suggested they would be; at times they've passed the ball well but they've also been incredibly naive, giving up the ball in dangerous positions and making no attempt to deny MJ space and time on the ball. The only concern is that we took our foot off the gas a little after scoring but a strong start to the second half should hopefully see us this win this comfortably.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member