• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Portsmouth Match Day Thread (7.30pm KO)

sign of the chimes

Pompey lose to Cambridge tonight.
Maybe they overdid it
Or Cambridge won by an offside goal again !
Cambridge were the better side this evening and deserved the win - we weren't at the races much like the second half on Friday - but for a larger portion of the game. Really impressed with Cambridge putting in a decent shift tonight so soon after such a big result for them on Saturday, I was half expecting them not to turn up. Mark Bonner and co. have done a really good job there and they exemplify that if you build a cohesive unit to get out of L1 you don't need massive financial resources to hold your own when you get there. At which point you're only one decent campaign away from the Championship.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cambridge were the better side this evening and deserved the win - we weren't at the races much like the second half on Friday - but for a larger portion of the game. Really impressed with Cambridge putting in a decent shift tonight so soon after such a big result for them on Saturday, I was half expecting them not to turn up. Mark Bonner and co. have done a really good job there and they exemplify that if you build a cohesive unit to get out of L1 you don't need massive financial resources to hold your own when you get there. At which point you're only one decent campaign away from the Championship.
In theory, that is true but the reality is it's very hard for the smaller clubs to get near the top of League One without significant financial assistance.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yikes; I would have wagered decent money that Cambridge wouldn't turn up last night; though perhaps players see their opportunity to play in the next round(s)!