• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Portsmouth Match Day Thread (7.30pm KO)

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
No game for 8 days now. Not great for player morale.
But will be better for more players to fully recover from COVID

eurogrecian

Well that was cruel.
I've never really been a fan of this competition, but I can see it's value in present circs and was able to watch on iFollow.
I thought City played really well in the second half against a strong Pompey team. If we can carry that through to the league after the Forest Green performance there is a lot to look forward to this season.
Not surprisingly given the changing personnel the back four lacked a bit of cohesion at times - two going for the same ball led to their equalizer, but both Kite and Diabaté look terrific prospects.
Fair play to the Pompey fans, great turnout and lots of noise.
On to the next (in a while). UTC.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well we can concentrate on the league now. There, I’ve said it.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Have to say that I thought we played really well 2nd half, but now that will get lost due to the result, which is gut wrenching!!
Unfortunately our ability to give away soft goals no matter how well we are playing has cost us yet again. We just find ways to give up goals and to lose games which is so frustrating!
Losing out on the prize money certainly won't help our January transfer window either.

Big month ahead for MT, both in the transfer market and on the pitch as we need to now get our league form back on track.

fred binneys head

I take full responsibility for this defeat, in much the same way that I take credit when I predict Norman Collier to score and he does.

5 mins from the end, I texted my son who was at the game, saying “do you remember two years ago when we travelled to Portsmouth away and went 2-1 up before they equalised with a late goal and then scored an even later winner?”.

He now hates me.

hardi2b

I hate to belabor the obvious, the syndrome of last seasons missed chances would appear to still be haunting us! Seymore needs to go back to a rehabilitation squad, or, is it a psychological block? Cost us the game in my humble estimation.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
No game for 8 days now. Not great for player morale.
It's all a learning curve. No one cares about this comp, we'll be okay, just need to keep playing like we did against FGR and there's still time for the autos.

Red Devon

Disappointing result…..That game mirrored most of our home league matches this season, a poor first half followed by a so much stronger second forty five apart from the last five minutes that is.

denzel

8 days to regroup, put this behind us, and batter Scunthorpe

Pete Martin (CTID)

8 days to regroup, put this behind us, and batter Scunthorpe
I shudder to think how many times, over many years, we have lost to teams in the bottom four.