• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Vs Newport County Matchday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Surely we can win this one. UTC

CWH-NYC_

Well do that we need a massive boost of inspiration from somewhere on the pitch, hopefully close to the opposition goal for once.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Eleven heroes for City today please!

Jason's preview

burtiew

Ever the optimist ... I'm going for a 3-0 win and for Bowman to bag a hattrick.

Please don't wake me up yet ...

Red red

Unable to watch today. Commitments. First game this season missed. So come on city. You can do this

Oldsmobile-88

Put me money on a draw..

David Treharne

100% blue sky at 10:00 - It's 12c, but what makes it feel slightly colder is a keen ESE wind that at times yesterday was blowing up to force 5 - and seems likely to do so again today. It's also noticeable that the UV count was up to 6 yesterday - which is high. There's also a high pollen count. No rain at all during the last 24 hours (or indeed the last 96 hours) so the sprinklers will be on! I'd expect it to be around 16c by kick off.
Like Oldsmobile I think it's looking like a dull draw unless Matt Taylor can conjure some magic out of the current squad, or indeed introduce one or two of the youngsters to the bench to increase options.
Finally to try and take a look at Paul Tisdale's views of Exeter City which I've just mentioned in the appropriate thread.
Update around 13:00

IndoMike

I have no idea what the score will be.
I do know that if City lose there could be an Exeweb riot with the rozzers called in to sort it out.
Anything is possible

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cup final day. Days like this don't come around very often. COYR

David Treharne

It's 15c, but 'feels like' 12c because of the nagging ESE wind, which is likely to continue all afternoon. The current UV level is 6, but there's a drift of high cloud that might reduce it during the course of the afternoon. There's no sign at all of any precipitation and it's (so far!) been an extraordinarily dry April. I guess the grass on the pitch will have to be watered every day to promote growth - Newport will undoubtedly be used to playing on the kind of surface that SJP currently offers. Difficult at the moment to see where our goals are going to come from.

Status
Not open for further replies.