• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Macclesfield Town official matchday thread

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
The club have put some pics up on FB showing the pitch is fine (currently).

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The club have put some pics up on FB showing the pitch is fine (currently).
I see the LED advertising boards are in place. Feel irritated by them already.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Be prepared for a shock. Half glass or what?
Always been a pessimist, years of games being postponed whenever it rained haven't helped. Appreciate that the pitch is in a different state these days, but we've had a serious amount of rain today, so as I said, I'll be surprised if it goes ahead if it continues to rain at the current rate.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sol Campbell has just been confirmed as Maccs manager. The 'new manager syndrome' strikes again!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Sol Campbell has just been confirmed as Maccs manager. The 'new manager syndrome' strikes again!
Hopefully the same result as the last time we played against a new manager!

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Always been a pessimist, years of games being postponed whenever it rained haven't helped. Appreciate that the pitch is in a different state these days, but we've had a serious amount of rain today, so as I said, I'll be surprised if it goes ahead if it continues to rain at the current rate.
Should be OK now (fingers crossed). Rain almost stopped and much brighter my way (NW of Exeter), and according to the BBC website the heavy rain will pass over Exeter mid afternoon with showers and lighter winds thereafter.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep rain easing although we have had a fair bit this morning.
Pitch should be fine but Heavy could affect our flowing football and the attendance

Andy Holloway

Matthew Ch 8 verse 26.

'Oh ye of little faith'.

SJP is a different beast than even 3 years ago, and yes FGR was halted last season but we haven't had 1/10 the rain we had leading up to that game.

Have faith in Clive and his team.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Colchester Utd have just said that Sol's first game in charge will be against them.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Colchester Utd have just said that Sol's first game in charge will be against them.
Unveiled on Thursday according to the Macclesfield statement https://www.mtfc.co.uk/news/2018/november/27.11.18-sol-campbell-to-become-our-new-manager/