• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Lincoln City MDT 01/09/18

budegrecian

Do Lincoln fans/staff/players see this as a 'grudge match' following the Playoff loss and pitch invasion?

Depending on your point of view the scenes after the match were either nasty/unpleasant/OTT or just over exuberant high jinks blown out of proportion.
The latter for me, but whatever, last season is long gone & we've got to concentrate on getting three points today.
I've got the butterflies already.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
So early in the season but a big game - they are going really well top of the league - plus any hangovers from the semi play offs last year
Opportunity for us to bounce back from last week and send out a message to the rest of the league.
Tough, tough game for us and a stern test .
Should be a great afternoon with hopefully the right result.
I am going a 2-2 draw.
Come On You Mighty Reds

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Probably going to have to follow it on Twitter. Biggest match of the season so far.

Jason's preview http://www.exeweb.com/2018/08/30/next-up-exeter-city-vs-lincoln-city-2/

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Come on you ****ing reds. Just win please.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The jungle path is open again, but for legal reasons the toilets are not.

David Treharne

The jungle path is open again, but for legal reasons the toilets are not.
Well worth repeating if only for the juxtaposition of the two ideas....

meanwhile, back at the weather it's 20c and the sun is making a brave effort to break through on what, up until now, has been rather gloomy weather-wise. The wind, still from the SSE has picked up slightly but it could be a glorious afternoon for football. I'm leaving shortly, if only to take time in filling in those questions on the Trust/Club survey and to peruse my soon to be bought copy of SSD...oh and perhaps a pint or two of some liquid refreshment.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Despite our lofty status I haven't been that impressed with any of our performances this season. Some good players but not enough team play. Today should show us how good we really are.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pym, Sweeney, A Martin, Law, Holmes, Stockley, Abrahams, Moxey, Taylor, Brown, Boateng.

Hamon, Woodman, O'Shea, Jay, Martin, Ogbene, Tillson

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
From the MK Dons starting line up we have 2 changes. Troy Brown returns and Tristan Abrahams starts. Woodman and Forte not starting.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Two martins and a jay in the squad again today. Bob Marley fans will be happy with that.