• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Ipswich Town match day thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hence why we should ground share with Exeter Rugby.
But why would Bristol City want to share ground share with Exeter Chiefs ? :cool:

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
But why would Bristol City want to share ground share with Exeter Chiefs ? :cool:
Because now Ashton Gate is the home of Bristol Bears?

Antony Moxey

I am not suggesting floating the H & S
Just want to know why we were not anywhere near capacity
Well, it’s been explained a number of times on the thread already so is it that you’re thick, can’t read or simply here for a wind up?

Antony Moxey

Hence why we should ground share with Exeter Rugby.
They wanted many, many millions last time it was mooted. It will never, nor at that price should it ever, happen.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sandy Park cost £15m for a 15,000 capacity.

I mean if we where to move to the idea of a new stadium it would need to be realistically 15,000 in capacity with ability to increase should the need ever arise. If we tried this today, i suspect we would be looking at £25-35m to do a reasonable job of it, if not more with the recent increases in materials etc.
As explained elsewhere, it didn't. It cost £15M at 2003-5 prices for the original 8,000 capacity. To get to 15,000 you are talking at least double that at 2022 prices.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
They wanted many, many millions last time it was mooted. It will never, nor at that price should it ever, happen.
Indeed. It makes no commercial sense for the Chiefs to bend over backwards to accommodate us at their ground. They would either want a stupid % of commercial revenue generated from our use of their stadium, or they would want us to stump up 50% of the current asset value of the ground. Either way, I can't see that happening, or us wanting it to happen to be honest.

Grecian2K

Brief memo to Hants.
Game over.
We lost.
Well outplayed.
Some empty seats.
Whatever.
THREAD CLOSED?

Can we please move on to NEXT Saturday's possible small money-spinner please.

fred binneys head

The only way I can see us sharing Sandy Park is if the Chiefs go bust and the council buy the ground off them, then convert it to a multi-use stadium with us and them sharing it.

I can’t see any other circumstances where it would happen.

STURTZ

Seriously though, might have a bigger capacity, but it's a crap stadium though isn't it?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Seriously though, might have a bigger capacity, but it's a crap stadium though isn't it?
Gradually getting better, of course. Now two decent stands and two crap ones, but bloody expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.