• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Ipswich Town match day thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
He didn't need to. He was shoved with enough to be blatantly obvious to all except the ginger dwarf in the middle and the clown on the line who couldn't even give a throw in that was two yards in front of him.
He did need to, the penalty wasn’t given.

cannockred

I didn’t think they had a love-in, we had far more attention before the game.
From cowley?

grecIAN Harris

He did need to, the penalty wasn’t given.
No he shouldn't need to. There was more than enough in the foul for the referee to give it. Sam can't help for the incompatancy of the tw@t.

crocks

So just back from a pretty crappy day. Travelled down this morning only for the M5 to be closed just before the split because of an accident. It took an hour to leave the motorway and rejoin at Portishead. I may have had to break the speed limit to park up at 12.02 and then jog to the ground. For a 63 year old who hasnt run anywhere for years, my body was screaming, what the hell are you doing? Still made it into the ground with 7 minutes gone which I thought was a pretty decent effort. Only to go behind 3 minutes later and got me thinking as to why I had made all that effort.

As has been said, Ipswich controlled the game from start to finish and City just didnt get a look in. No qualms about being beaten by a better side but, as been mentioned above, why did we allow them all the time in the world in their half to knock it around and then pick a good pass forward. I thought Stanno and Jevani didnt work hard enough to defend from the front and it was only when Nombe came on that we started to get a little bit of a foothold in the game.

And a small complaint about the catering. I went to get a pasty at HT when the board went up for the additional minutes. When I got served, sorry no pasties as we are waiting for them to warm up. A lunchtime ko and a capacity crowd and no pasties to be served. Poor, very poor indeed. Also, there was no other hot food. So my lunch was a packet of crisps and a twix which didnt improve my mood one bit.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's about the size of it although we need to help ourselves in two ways to try and compete. Firstly, as mentioned elsewhere, Nombe has to start. As good as Stanno and Browner are neither are physically strong enough to give us out ball, hold it up and give us a foot hold further up the pitch. Stanno is still a boy growing into a mans body and it just simply isn't Jevani's game irrespective of what else he provides. Either one of them starts from the bench or we find a system with all three in it but whatever we do Sammy has to start. Secondly, this mid block, or whatever Mr C (mind drifts off to The Shamen and Eberneezer Goode) calls it, needs to be ten yards further up the pitch. Ipswich were too good a side to give them thirty yards of breathing room before we start making them think about what they're going to do with the ball by which time they've got movement and runners all over the shop in our half. Last week we forced Peterborough to play a game that was alien to their way of thinking by making them play early and channelling and herding them in that direction, this week pretty much nothing until the centre circle if no the half way line.
The only other thing I'd question is the mentality of the sponsors. Do they know what they are watching out there? Jamal Blackman was MoM every day of the week and twice on Sundays today yet they give it to Josh Key........... really?????????
Only problem is that I think Nombe carrying injury so risk losing him with no cover.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Missing the high press we played under Taylor and I also think we're now sitting too deep.

More and more impressed with Hartridge as time goes on and I reckon we'll be fine once Cheik settles back in.

grecIAN Harris

Missing the high press we played under Taylor and I also think we're now sitting too deep.

More and more impressed with Hartridge
as time goes on and I reckon we'll be fine once Cheik settles back in.
Oddly enough I thought that was one of his lesser impressive performances today. He defended reasonably enough but his distribution wasn't too clever, not poor but certainly a bit slack.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
So just back from a pretty crappy day. Travelled down this morning only for the M5 to be closed just before the split because of an accident. It took an hour to leave the motorway and rejoin at Portishead. I may have had to break the speed limit to park up at 12.02 and then jog to the ground. For a 63 year old who hasnt run anywhere for years, my body was screaming, what the hell are you doing? Still made it into the ground with 7 minutes gone which I thought was a pretty decent effort. Only to go behind 3 minutes later and got me thinking as to why I had made all that effort.

As has been said, Ipswich controlled the game from start to finish and City just didnt get a look in. No qualms about being beaten by a better side but, as been mentioned above, why did we allow them all the time in the world in their half to knock it around and then pick a good pass forward. I thought Stanno and Jevani didnt work hard enough to defend from the front and it was only when Nombe came on that we started to get a little bit of a foothold in the game.

And a small complaint about the catering. I went to get a pasty at HT when the board went up for the additional minutes. When I got served, sorry no pasties as we are waiting for them to warm up. A lunchtime ko and a capacity crowd and no pasties to be served. Poor, very poor indeed. Also, there was no other hot food. So my lunch was a packet of crisps and a twix which didnt improve my mood one bit.
Could have been worse - could have run out of twice & crisps! Top tip is to get seat on old Double stand so you can nip out for a beer, Kenni Farm burger or Chunks in FECRACE.. UTC

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oddly enough I thought that was one of his lesser impressive performances today. He defended reasonably enough but his distribution wasn't too clever, not poor but certainly a bit slack.
Not for me. Thought he was comfortable in possession, distribution good and took his opportunities to burst forward. Defensively good too. Pity he didn't score from his early chance. Poor old Sparkes had a mare though.

denzel

Could have been worse - could have run out of twice & crisps! Top tip is to get seat on old Double stand so you can nip out for a beer, Kenni Farm burger or Chunks in FECRACE.. UTC
(Off topic i know but..)
When did that become a thing? Definitely might consider going in there in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.