• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Ipswich Town match day thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red red

Need to get Sparkes off or wake him up. Get Nombe on take off a midfielder. Or put Dieng into a back 3 again. But definitely second best

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Happy to only be 1 down, although Hartridge missed a great chance. Ipswich have control of midfield and we are struggling to get forward. Having Nombe will help but I think Jev is injured.
When Ipswich wanted to they just tore through our frail defence, Sparkes is having a mare!
The worry is that Ipswich are toying with us and could easily go through the gears in the second half and score as many as they want.

Intheknow84

Need to take sparkes off. Really off it and now booked. Will get sent off today if not taken out of the firing line

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Need to get Sparkes off or wake him up. Get Nombe on take off a midfielder. Or put Dieng into a back 3 again. But definitely second best
If Grounds is fit enough, I'd be tempted to get him on and put Key in his natural position and Jake at left wing-back.

Red faced

Sparkes very first touch was horrendous and it got worse throughout the first half. shame because i think hes really one of tose that have stepped it up this season. Good team though Ipswich - they sensed when we were coming back into the game and just slowed the game down a little and played it safe. 1-0 fair score atm but we can do so much better - just hope we arent giving them a bit too much respect

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Outstanding start from Jay.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Only one goal in it.I think we will be more effective with 3 upfront when Nombe comes on.We aren't using the midfield, so there doesn't seem much point in having 3 players at centre mid.Sparkes is having a nightmare, but no suitable options to replace him.Collins very subdued in the role he has been given,isn't allowing him to do what he does best.Never seen the crowd so quiet,These midday kickoff don't suit us.

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sparkes has never been at his best defending. We have lacked a proper left back since Page left

fred binneys head

Blackman playing very well, couple of terrific saves.

fred binneys head

Super Sam is on, time for the comeback 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.