• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Fleetwood Town match day thread

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Think last night's events will "make the problem easier" - Nombe & Blackman unlikely to be available.
I think you're getting ahead of yourself........

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Browns been off form since MT left but I truly believe this is because the opposition have worked out if you stop him then you stop the team. He literally has 2 players on him all the time. He wasn't that bad yesterday, some nice touches, but as I've mentioned he was marked out the game. Form is temporary, class is permanent, and all that. Brown will be back to his best soon and if he isn't because he's a marked man then it gives more space for Stanno, Nombe, MJ etc.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Think last night's events will "make the problem easier" - Nombe & Blackman unlikely to be available.
Why wouldn't they be available?

Nombe has had a scrap and Blackman has pushed someone, they're not on rape charges.

OTT regarding last night's events unless, of course, someone ended up in hospital requiring treatment. The police and judicial system in this country aren't really interested unless this is the case. Serial burglary, drug possession and supply aren't really a priority and repeat offenders get no more than a slap on the wrist eg. Katie Price.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Opposition managers would laugh their heads off if we dropped Jevani Brown.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
OTT regarding last night's events unless, of course, someone ended up in hospital requiring treatment. The police and judicial system in this country aren't really interested unless this is the case. Serial burglary, drug possession and supply aren't really a priority and repeat offenders get no more than a slap on the wrist eg. Katie Price.
I make you right. Unless anyone was badly injured, or someone has made a complaint, the police will probably let it be known that they’re ‘looking into‘ this incident, and it’s entirely conceivable that will be the end of the matter.

Antony Moxey

So if we went back to having three in central midfield, given your preference for Brown, are you leaving out Stanno or Nombe who have scored four and three goals respectively since Brown scored his last goal.
Why can’t Brown be one of the three midfielders?

grecIAN Harris

Why can’t Brown be one of the three midfielders?
Because it's a bit like Matt Jay not being one our three midfielders through choice........... it doesn't really work. Compare and contrast Matt Jay to when he was playing the '10' role and when he went back into midfield. He did a job but he wasn't half the player and I can almost guarantee you the same will happen to Brown if not worse because, imo, Brown doesn't have the same work ethic as Jay and if you're going to play in midfield it's one of the essentials.

Antony Moxey

Because it's a bit like Matt Jay not being one our three midfielders through choice........... it doesn't really work. Compare and contrast Matt Jay to when he was playing the '10' role and when he went back into midfield. He did a job but he wasn't half the player and I can almost guarantee you the same will happen to Brown if not worse because, imo, Brown doesn't have the same work ethic as Jay and if you're going to play in midfield it's one of the essentials.
Stop making up situations to suit what you think you know. I genuinely can’t believe I’m having to defend the selection of Jevani Brown - some of you really are priceless.

grecIAN Harris

Stop making up situations to suit what you think you know. I genuinely can’t believe I’m having to defend the selection of Jevani Brown - some of you really are priceless.
I asked you earlier who out of Stanno and Nombe you'd drop to allow for Brown up front and three in midfield and you threw up the alternative about Brown in midfield. You asked me a straight question about Brown being in midfield and gave you a straight answer using a simple comparative that was black and white enough for even you to understand with another player who plays the same role for us. When we've four proper, fit central midfielders you're not going to play a no.10/striker in their through choice anyway.