• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Vs Colchester United Matchday Thread

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Longer than that. I believe the last time we beat a team by that kind of margin (actually by 7 goals) in a league game was in 1935!
Hang on, strictly speaking, we won by a margin of five goals last night

jimbo-gould

4167Here’s a pass map of the game. Impressive viewing for quite a few.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Love that Jimbo.

What is striking for me is Andresson. Tis used to make a massive thing of keepers kicking to the touchline, so much so that Jonah would often send the ball into the stand to much derision. All of the big-mans stuff is straight down the middle.

Liking how far Josh Key gets forward and how much of the pitch Collins and Taylor cover. Good to see Ajose earning his money again :)

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
View attachment 4167Here’s a pass map of the game. Impressive viewing for quite a few.
At the risk of asking a stupid question, assuming this is done manually, how?!

Antony Moxey

Subs 4 and 5 were a bit s***.

andrew p long

Longer than that. I believe the last time we beat a team by that kind of margin (actually by 7 goals) in a league game was in 1935!
Mmm.. the margin was only 5 goals and I can remember off the top of my head two bigger league wins than that - both of which I saw and I'm not *that* old.

The 7-1 v Barrow 1972 mentioned earlier in this thread. And the 6-0 demolition of Swansea in 1969.

LewisM

17th March 1956 City 6 Crystal Palace 1
My first game at SJP any other members present?

jimbo-gould

At the risk of asking a stupid question, assuming this is done manually, how?!
Nabbed it off Twitter, pal, so couldn't tell you! I too, would like to know.

Trapdoor

I believe the players have trackers fitted in their shirts which logs their movement.

https://wyscout.com/ and https://www.optasports.com/services/data-feeds/ provide near real-time event tracking, although these are paid for services. I presume these guys on twitter pay an annual sub for access to the data...

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah, realised that. Like you, I've seen them on Twitter and find them interesting. Moreover, I'm not doubting their accuracy, I'm just intrigued how they're arrived at.