• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Vs Colchester United Matchday Thread

contrabombarde

My mate here in Norfolk just saw the result and texted me to ask if we had hired Watkins back for the day. 🤣

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
We also beat Doncaster 5-1 in the League Cup, the same year we went to Birmingham and Liverpool. The Donny win was extra special because it was the 2nd leg, and we'd turned it around. Billy Bremner was their boss IIRC.
That game against Donny went to ET at SJP.It was the League Cup 2nd round 2nd leg..Lost the 1st leg 3-1.

Red Devon

Worth mentioning how much more assured we look at the back with Sweenz and Parkes together....also can’t remember Jake losing out on a 50/50 challenge all night...he also made some strong breaks right down the middle of the field off the back of it all.

ryancooper327

Buzzing with that. Wish we were there to see it!

Spoonz Red E

I think we are getting a bit carried away here. Two of the goals came in injury time when Colchester were down to 10 men and had basically given up.

Still a great performance again from 1 to 11, hard to pick a MOM Jay or Randall.
I'm sure in most games where any team puts 6 past the other the other team will have 'given up' at some stage.
It's the way we played for the 90 minutes that ends up putting them in that mindset.
27 shots.

STURTZ

I'm sure in most games where any team puts 6 past the other the other team will have 'given up' at some stage.
It's the way we played for the 90 minutes that ends up putting them in that mindset.
27 shots.
Colchester complaining they weren't allowed enough subs.

onemansview

My home is Chesterfield but my heart is in Tokyo
That was a bit special and a long time coming. 30 yard screamers are great to watch but I really love goals that have been created from out wide and end up as tap ins. I can't remember seeing a side scoring that many before in one game from inside the six yard box

andrew p long

all the references to 27 years since we last scored 6 conveniently (and appropriately) overlook the game during that period when a team won a League Two match 6-1 at SJP!

Trapdoor

27 shots.
Exactly. At some point in any game where there is more than a 4 or 5 goal difference the losing side have mentally fallen apart. In this example it seemed to be after the 2nd goal went in. They had been getting hammered by us constantly throughout the first half and when we got the second they just knew they weren't ever going to come back from it.

iscalad

all the references to 27 years since we last scored 6 conveniently (and appropriately) overlook the game during that period when a team won a League Two match 6-1 at SJP!
Blimey. I wonder what happened at the end of the season? Manager sacked, I expect.