• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Bristol Rovers Match Day Thread

Pobbop

Shame we ran out of steam, would have liked another clean sheet, but TBH just relieved we have goals and 3 points, hopefully can move on with some positivity now.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Very strong result.Best confidence booster everyone could ask for.Only downside was another injury. Don't see the point of risking Atanagana when there were question marks over his fitness.

scottus86

The second half was a bit of a no show, but what else would you do at 4-0 up. A really good game. We have to give some credit to Dawson for keeping rovers out with some good routine saves. Their goal was pretty unstoppable. Jay had an excellent first half and showed why a lot of people rate him and showed up his critics. Amond is just what we needed upfront, Nombe looks like he could be dangerous once he is fit, but not sure he can play by himself. Midfield was really good today, but still not convinced by the formation.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bit of a nothing second half but can't take away from the overall performance and result. Great to see Josh Key running at the opposition defence again; just hope that the Sunderland scouts weren't watching.

jrg333

Now p*** off and don't come back, Barton, you absolute waste of oxygen :p

(Hope the odds were decent on the 4-1 today (y))

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Superb first 24 minutes that ended the game as a contest.

Kite is looking really promising to me, goes after the ball more than Collins which I like... will be difficult to dislodge him and Dieng although I still want another CM option. Jay and Key looked more like themselves and Caprice had a good game. Sweeney decent too.

Amond looks just what we needed, very clever and hard working with a bit of nous. Dawson was excellent again and I don't understand why he has critics.

Brown though is my favourite player at the minute, has a bit of everything, great signing.

Great stuff and I was so relaxed I even enjoyed a replay of their goal which was some strike.

Ash

Totally agree beyond ridiculous.
Keep up my old mucker, that misinterpretation has long been clarified!!

fred binneys head

I don’t know Roger HK but I’m delighted for him today 👍

And for KMT, the team and all of you lovely Grecians who were there cheering the boys on 👍

arthur

After that save from Amond's shot we barely created anything in the second half which was a pity. Rovers did play better tho (they couldn't have been much worse). Would have liked to have seen Rowe on for Caprice just to see what happened.
Josh looked good in central mf in closing stages

scottus86

Good result for Rog