• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Barrow Matchday Thread

Lammie

Graham-Appreciated the commentary throughout the season-either listening to Radio Devon in Australia(!) or through iFollow. Thanks to all involved. Loved the interviews in the aftermath.

Was in the Cowshed for the Southend party 32 years ago. Same scoreline. Don’t think the pitch invasion was quite as mad, but the primrose bank probably deterred a few!
Thanks for that feedback, appreciated. I think we're blessed with some cracking commentators and summarisers on the Beeb.

I've listened back to the 45 minutes audio post the full time whistle on Tuesday that's currently on the BBC website and the noise from the fans is incredible.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
:) Fair point - but Tuesday's match for me did have a lot of similarities..particularly as Matt was so influential in that game. Big pressure match - needed a win - bit of a freak early opening goal for the opposition - an equaliser in the first half and a late winner.

Up the City!
I seem to remember you interviewed Matt after that match as well - maybe the media team could do a then and now video!
Also most City fans won’t have heard your post-match interview with Cheick; is there any chance the audio could be released, although a parental advisory warning might be needed.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Graham-Appreciated the commentary throughout the season-either listening to Radio Devon in Australia(!) or through iFollow. Thanks to all involved. Loved the interviews in the aftermath.

Was in the Cowshed for the Southend party 32 years ago. Same scoreline. Don’t think the pitch invasion was quite as mad, but the primrose bank probably deterred a few!
That bank in front of the old bank was surprisingly steep; I very nearly ended up on my backside the one time I tried to run down it.

Lammie

I seem to remember you interviewed Matt after that match as well - maybe the media team could do a then and now video!
Also most City fans won’t have heard your post-match interview with Cheick; is there any chance the audio could be released, although a parental advisory warning might be needed.
:) I've seen a link to it on a friends facebook, so will see if I can get it on here... I may be some time though!

Bridgy 81

:) I've seen a link to it on a friends facebook, so will see if I can get it on here... I may be some time though!
I watched the match on iFollow and as usual the picture cut off quite soon after the match finished.
If there’s something more I’d like to hear I switch to audio only as for some reason that carries on for longer.
I obviously did that on Tuesday and heard your brief ‘chat’ with Cheick shortly after I’d flicked over.
So it was perhaps about 5-10 minutes after the final whistle if that helps you or others to find it.
You need to be quick to catch in though, it wasn’t what I’d call an in-depth interview!
Thanks for your involvement, I think the idea of 2 co-commentators in different parts of the ground worked well.

Lammie

You need to be quick to catch in though, it wasn’t what I’d call an in-depth interview!
:) :) :) When the first word of a reply to your question is the F word, I thought it best not to linger! :)

ryancooper327

Just bringing this back as the euphoria at the end had me celebrating instead... Was not happy with the amount of booing during the pre-kick off anti-racism gesture. Attended a fair few home matches this season but was a lot louder on Tuesday (maybe down to the higher attendance). Was more than just one or two...

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just bringing this back as the euphoria at the end had me celebrating instead... Was not happy with the amount of booing during the pre-kick off anti-racism gesture. Attended a fair few home matches this season but was a lot louder on Tuesday (maybe down to the higher attendance). Was more than just one or two...
I think the booing was for the Barrow players who didn’t take a knee?

wiveygrecian

100% booing the Barrow players .

ryancooper327

I think the booing was for the Barrow players who didn’t take a knee?
In that case I'll take my annoyance elsewhere! Genuinely did not look at them. Apologies... And also, I'm even more glad we beat them.