• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Barrow Matchday Thread

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
A real CLUB, TEAM and SQUAD effort. Two things I’ve really liked:

* 5 Academy players start the promotion winning game. Sparkes, Jay, Collins, Key and Diabate. In addition Hartridge and Kite make excellent contributions through the season.
I think that means representation from Exmouth, Newton Abbot/ Ashburton, Bridgwater, Torquay, Totnes and Crediton, although strangely no-one from Exeter itself (unless you include Alfie Pond's appearance on the bench.)

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Kirky brought up the Huddersfield game when he was interviewing Matt Taylor live on Radio Devon after the game; not sure I'd have wanted to remind the manager of a game he scored an own goal in.
Matt didn't score an own goal but did let the ball run past him when he should have controlled it for Gary Roberts to run through and score. At least Matt equalised quite quickly though :)

Red Bill

I think that means representation from Exmouth, Newton Abbot/ Ashburton, Bridgwater, Torquay, Totnes and Crediton, although strangely no-one from Exeter itself (unless you include Alfie Pond's appearance on the bench.)
Is Matt Jay the Ashburton or is there another Ashburton connection?

Cowshed Grecian

Whose from Totnes? Hartridge?

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Torquay, I believe.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is Matt Jay the Ashburton or is there another Ashburton connection?
Yes, he went to South Devon College with Ollie. Not 100% sure on the Newton Abbot bit or if that was just Ollie.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes, more here.

SaintJames

Pondy is another from the Exmouth production line. Lives in a village between Exmouth and Exeter

Lammie

Kirky brought up the Huddersfield game when he was interviewing Matt Taylor live on Radio Devon after the game; not sure I'd have wanted to remind the manager of a game he scored an own goal in.
:) Fair point - but Tuesday's match for me did have a lot of similarities..particularly as Matt was so influential in that game. Big pressure match - needed a win - bit of a freak early opening goal for the opposition - an equaliser in the first half and a late winner.

Up the City!

Graham-Appreciated the commentary throughout the season-either listening to Radio Devon in Australia(!) or through iFollow. Thanks to all involved. Loved the interviews in the aftermath.

Was in the Cowshed for the Southend party 32 years ago. Same scoreline. Don’t think the pitch invasion was quite as mad, but the primrose bank probably deterred a few!