• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Barrow Matchday Thread

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’ve always been a nervous watcher of ECFC, I recall for example those last few minutes after Ryan Harley scored against Huddersfield for us to stay in League One in our first season there last time was a nightmare for me.
Thanks for that. You're the first to make the comparison (I believe) but last night I kept thinking this is Huddersfield revisited. Going behind early to a silly goal (a mistake by KMT iirc), equalising before half time (KMT again), an equaliser 10 minutes from the end and then shredded nerves and chewed fingernails until the final whistle.

I don't remember the Huddersfield last ten minutes being as agonising as last night. Maybe Barrow threatened more? There was certainly more at stake if the opposition had equalised in 2010

iscalad

360 is up on YouTube

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Iirc, a couple of seasons back there was a woman presenter who moaned about the wobbly nature of the scaffold tv gantry at the back of the IP stand, but I can't remember who she was ? :unsure:
Michele Owen. Husband's a janner.

crocks

Thanks for that. You're the first to make the comparison (I believe) but last night I kept thinking this is Huddersfield revisited. Going behind early to a silly goal (a mistake by KMT iirc), equalising before half time (KMT again), an equaliser 10 minutes from the end and then shredded nerves and chewed fingernails until the final whistle.

I don't remember the Huddersfield last ten minutes being as agonising as last night. Maybe Barrow threatened more? There was certainly more at stake if the opposition had equalised in 2010
I thought the roar for the equaliser last night was comparable to Harleys strike against Huddersfield.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Brown deliberately tripped a middle aged City supporter running onto the pitch at the end, classless oik !
No surprise par for the course i would say lol.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Home at last. Just opened up some bubbly if anyone wants to join me in celebrating 🙂

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Home at last. Just opened up some bubbly if anyone wants to join me in celebrating 🙂
On my way with a tanker full !
UTC

andrew p long

I think you mean a winner ten minutes from the end!

I'm puzzled too as to why we didn't seem so anxious in the last ten minutes -v- Huddrsfield. Perhaps because they had shot their bolt by then. They needed a (big?) win and results to go their way for the autos. Having gone behind at the end an equaliser would be of no use to them - and they needed to be fresh for the play offs to come. But Barrow didn't have much to play for either!

arthur

I think you mean a winner ten minutes from the end!

I'm puzzled too as to why we didn't seem so anxious in the last ten minutes -v- Huddrsfield. Perhaps because they had shot their bolt by then. They needed a (big?) win and results to go their way for the autos. Having gone behind at the end an equaliser would be of no use to them - and they needed to be fresh for the play offs to come. But Barrow didn't have much to play for either!
Indeed I do. I'm a bit tired and befuddled today - can't think why

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’ve always been a nervous watcher of ECFC, I recall for example those last few minutes after Ryan Harley scored against Huddersfield for us to stay in League One in our first season there last time was a nightmare for me.
But, although I was a little anxious last night after Matt Jay scored, I thought (admittedly against a team who weren’t threatening us too much) was a masterclass in how to see out a game.
Along with the team spirit, skill and physicality in our current squad we also seem to have that bit of nous which all successful teams need.
I thought the ref helped us out. It took an age for the restart after MJ's goal and he didn't pull us up on any time-wasting so fair play to him there.