• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Barrow Matchday Thread

zeefour

Occasional poster but had to after last night. Agree with some of the assessments of the game that Barrow fought (and fell over...) for every square inch. City found a way to win after a second half where City were presumably nervous and just mirrored Barrow's mostly hit and hope hoofball. Half their players moaned most of the game about every decision. Ref was average. The finish from Jay was brilliant and the celebrations were insane. Well deserved promotion after missing out so close so often.

i8cornwall

Did last night really happen or am I dreaming it?

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
According to comments on their forum "he was celebrating like he has been with the club for 5 seasons. If they want him maybe we can get a good deal for him".
They obviously still want to offload.
The best deal they can hope for is he comes here for free. He's not worth a fee and he's off their wage bill. I'd certainly be saying thanks but no thanks if they were expecting actual money for him.

Alistair20000

It isn't clear from that camara position but from the Stanno Stand it was clear that it hit the post, then Cam and in to the back of the net. Hard to criticise a goalkeeper for doing what he instinctively should do, dive after the ball, but with no touch from the throw in, Cam could have stayed on his feet and it would have bounced back to him off the post. If it had gone in it would have been a goal kick as no one had played it from the throw.

Anyway, didn't matter in the end 🙂
That was how we read it from the Stanno Stand. It all seemed to happen in slow motion. As fred points out: Cam’s reaction suggests this was what happened.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
No, it was because the throw should have gone their way. It was an obvious mistake by the linesman on the Stagecoach Stand side who looked uncertain of his decision making all evening. At every opportunity he looked to the ref to make the decision. When forced on this occasion to make a call he got it wrong and City scored.
But do I care...no.
On their forum they're all saying foul throw, but yes, don't care

Screenshot_20220427-112347_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220427-112523_Chrome.jpg

denzel

According to comments on their forum "he was celebrating like he has been with the club for 5 seasons. If they want him maybe we can get a good deal for him".
They obviously still want to offload.
Are you only allowed to celebrate if you have been part of the club for years? The great think about our club is that it appears that it welcomes players whether they have been there for years, or just on a short loan.
Ozzie has been a big part of our performances and results in the second half of the season, why shouldn't he celebrate?

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
No chance our second was a foul throw, I was right in front of it. Also means that I saw that it obviously came off Nombe and should've been a Barrow throw, but who's counting? ;)

Jammers20

I wouldn't object to Zanzala coming in on a permanent deal but he would have to be 3rd Choice as he is not good enough for league one but a great option as a back up / something different as a sub
I could of seen it more if we had stayed in league 2 for next season. unfortunately I don't think his finishing or first touch is anywhere good enough for League 1. I would say we need do need another striker to go with Nombe and Brown, but they should be a recognised league 1 name who has experience at this level etc.. who is either out of contract or out of favour at his current club.

iscalad

I can't copy and paste on my phone, but there is a 25 minute segment on YouTube worth watching.

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
I can't copy and paste on my phone, but there is a 25 minute segment on YouTube worth watching.

Here you go!