• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Barrow Matchday Thread

sidney

No, it was because the throw should have gone their way. It was an obvious mistake by the linesman on the Stagecoach Stand side who looked uncertain of his decision making all evening. At every opportunity he looked to the ref to make the decision. When forced on this occasion to make a call he got it wrong and City scored.
But do I care...no.
Correct. The ball came off Nombe. I must say the linesman was quite awful and had a terrible game. We always criticise officials but he was seriously dreadful and you have to wonder how he has the job.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think someone pointed out that at the Barrow throw in which led to the goal their player overstepped the line, and you can see that in the highlights, so they can stop moaning

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
How long til the 360 is available?

A turgid game, huge respect to Barrow whom fought for every inch of that pitch and everyone directly below us cannot complain at their performance. If they continue in that vain of performance they will be comfortable mid table will Barrow.

On us, despite not being 100% at the races we found a way to win which is the story of our season. I am so proud of our club and what we have achieved (It could yet be so much more if we can beat Northampton and Port Vale), the style of which we have achieved it and the core values that have underpinned this achievement. You look at the teams around us Forest Green losing Millions, Mansfield, Salford, Northampton all the same losing Millions chasing the chance to lose millions more in League one. We have to find a way to be sustainable at league one level. SO next season we need 6,000 minimum at SJP to become the norm and to fund ourselves to hopefully a long stint at league one leave whilst underpinning our core values of player progression through the academy and improving every aspect of the club.

On a personal note this is my third promotion watching City and i am lucky that i have seen 1 at Wembley (Cambridge 2008), 1 away (Rotherham 2009) and one at home last night.

Everyone associated with ECFC should be very proud. I am at work and my voice is dead.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
The throw in should not have been awarded to City - the last player to touch the ball was Nombe.
Absolute travesty. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Enjoyed Nombe's cameo. Lifted the crowd at the right time and when he burst through the entire stadium was willing him to score. Perfect substitution, perfectly timed.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Antony Moxey

If you watched that idiot Brown apparently every time a City player touched the ball it was a foul on their player. The cheat even went so far as to try to claim that Diabate handled the ball when he caught it about three feet over the touchline by the dugouts. His histrionics were quite embarrassing for a supposed adult, and right up there with Evans' gang and the Cowleys. They must absolutely cringe every time they see footage of themselves.

Anyway, right result in the end and a night to live long in the memory. The Big Bank was the rockingest I've seen it in literally decades and the scenes at the final whistle were just the sort of pure unbridled joy that only football can create. Well done Grecians everywhere, it was a massive collective effort from everyone from staff to players to management to fans. What a night.

Oh, and happy 'First day as a League One club' everyone! :cool:

DB9

And the lino on the IP side got a couple wrong in Barrows favour and the ref gave a few free kicks the wrong way. This is football and things like this his will happen at least once in every game, so so what! We won and we are up!
👍👍👍👍👍👍

older-codger

Spare a thought for Os Zanzala. He must have been in a real dilemma wanting to join in the celebrations with his City team in front of his Barrow colleagues and employers. Did anyone see him after the game?

andrew p long

It hit the post, rebounded back on to Cam and in.
Funny how in our last two promotions such goals have been so prominent.

Back in 2009, penultimate game away at Lincoln, late on at 0-0 Deano's shot beat the keeper, struck the post, hit the back of the head of the diving keeper and rebounded into the net. Absolutely crucial as the extra two points meant that it was in our own hands at Rotherham.