• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Barrow Matchday Thread

CWH-NYC_

Not many people on this thread during the game. Where was everyone?
Praying mostly.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Great to see the players in Timepiece and thoroughly enjoying the moment.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Youtube Highlights: Viewable all regions:

Not convinced anyone touched the ball from the throw-in for Barrow's first goal, in which case it ought to have been disallowed.

Grecian Koala

On way back to Blighty via Sydney airport - baggage has city scarves around wrists - journeys gonna be a lot more relaxing now… UTC!

Attachments

Not convinced anyone touched the ball from the throw-in for Barrow's first goal, in which case it ought to have been disallowed.
It hit the post, rebounded back on to Cam and in.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
It hit the post, rebounded back on to Cam and in.
Hard to be certain on the basis of that footage, but it looks to me like it bounces in off the inside of the post.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hard to be certain on the basis of that footage, but it looks to me like it bounces in off the inside of the post.
It isn't clear from that camara position but from the Stanno Stand it was clear that it hit the post, then Cam and in to the back of the net. Hard to criticise a goalkeeper for doing what he instinctively should do, dive after the ball, but with no touch from the throw in, Cam could have stayed on his feet and it would have bounced back to him off the post. If it had gone in it would have been a goal kick as no one had played it from the throw.

Anyway, didn't matter in the end 🙂

fred binneys head

I knew it was a valid goal when I saw Cam’s reaction - he was furious and kicked the ball back to the halfway line in anger. He wouldn’t have done that if he was certain it hadn’t touched him.

fred binneys head

What an amazing interview from Matt Taylor; incredibly generous.
And from Matt Jay. One of the most moving things I’ve seen was at the end of MJ’s interview, when the young lad interviewing him said “one last thing…….thank you” and gave him a massive hug. What a wonderful way to end the interview, that’s something I’ll never forget. Well done to that young man.

BigBankAl

What a day up the city!

also based on Phil Browns tan, I’m off to Barrow for summer hols. State of the fella