• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Barrow Matchday Thread

ExeterCraic

I was surprised with how resilient Barrow were, they certainly weren’t on holiday. I kept thinking why are they so desperate to get a point..let us win 😂....I don’t know what we would have done if they had scored in them last 5 mins, we were all celebrating already! Great times
Was impressed with them, they did seem more intent on complaining than playing though towards the end.

thermopylai

I imagine a lot of us are smashed now right?

No, just whiskey... and reminiscing.
Can't believe this was five years ago (and still available in the club shop)! Somehow more suitable now.
https://soundcloud.com/jacques-defoe%2Fcity-til-i-die-1

ExeterCraic

Not quite but trying to catch you up !
UTC
I'm at work at 7, no way I'll regret it though.

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just switched to the Bowmore "Legend" which seems appropriate.
Getting emotional... I just want to say, I really love our football club!
The Ardbeg's all gone now....

And so do I

ExeterCraic

No, just whiskey... and reminiscing.
Can't believe this was five years ago (and still available in the club shop)! Somehow more suitable now.
https://soundcloud.com/jacques-defoe%2Fcity-til-i-die-1
Can't believe I've not listened to this before, love it.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Don't think we've won this season playing good football for 90 minutes, every game has been a bit of a struggle, every win has been slender but that's the mark of a promotion team, the ability to pull something out of the bag when it's needed it's down to the spirit engendered in the players. never seen a City team so together, so happy to be with each other and so proud to acheive what we have acheived. For me it's big Matt taylor that has done this, great manager made the right shout at the right time all credit to him.

But if I was to pick a moment that sealed our promotion v Barrow it wouldn't be MJ's goal, it would be the outstretched left boot of Cam Dawson to save what looked a certain goal that would have given us a mountain to climb. He seems to have made a similar contributuion in every game, God bless Cameron, replacing him will be our biggest challenge.

ExeterCraic

Don't think we've won this season playing good football for 90 minutes, every game has been a bit of a struggle, every win has been slender but that's the mark of a promotion team, the ability to pull something out of the bag when it's needed it's down to the spirit engendered in the players. never seen a City team so together, so happy to be with each other and so proud to acheive what we have acheived. For me it's big Matt taylor that has done this, great manager made the right shout at the right time all credit to him.

But if I was to pick a moment that sealed our promotion v Barrow it wouldn't be MJ's goal, it would be the outstretched left boot of Cam Dawson to save what looked a certain goal that would have given us a mountain to climb. He seems to have made a similar contributuion in every game, God bless Cameron, replacing him will be our biggest challenge.
Cam has been unreal, you could see in the replay that the ST was clearly onside, think he's been vital this season, just as important as many of the last minute winners we've scored (I also spoke to him on a stag in Cardiff so I'm biased). He's Upper Lg1/Chmp quality easily, would be surprised if he's with us next season.

dontpassback

Was impressed with them, they did seem more intent on complaining than playing though towards the end.
I am not a fan of Phil brown,however he has turned barrow into a decent,determined football team,and if he gets the job full,time they will stay up next season with ease,and kudos to the barrow fans for making a Tuesday night trek to sunny devon

Grecian_Nick

Not a great day to have to be away for work in Brighton.,, having hardly missed a home game all season. Watched 2nd half on my phone in a pub and didn't care what my colleagues thought as MJ scored and then the final whistle! All that play off hurt... and whilst I have taken great pride in the progress of our academy graduates there is nothing like promotion with games to spare!

So roll on Saturday and Northampton with Grecian travel - where we can hope for revenge on 2020 and hopefully moving to top of the table

Up the city! Pass it on...

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

I think this season may well be remembered as the 'season of the scruffy set piece goals.' So many times in the second half of the season our defence has kept us in the game until we've managed to somehow find a way to score, more often than not from a set piece - Walsall, Orient, Stevenage, Newport, Carlisle and probably others I've forgotten.