• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Barrow Matchday Thread

David Treharne

After three glasses of Albarino, trying to make sense of tonight is impossible, except to reiterate what people have said about the collective togetherness of the team and the way that the manager (er!) manages them. Overall it was a very nervy performance, but one that lifts a load from the team in view of who they're playing in the last two games. I thought Barrow were hard to break down, without looking very much like they were going to create scoring chances, and City were just...nervous. Personally though that Stubbs or Collins would have been man of the match for me. Interesting article in the Sheffield Star about Cam Dawson which suggests he probably wont be with us next season, pity! Finally, before I finish the bottle I'd like to refer to the thread about season ticket prices; if we're going to sustain our challenge or position in League One we're going to have to do some heavy recruiting to enlarge the squad and this implies spending money on wages. I trust the manager to recruit the right players, but he'll need the money to do it.
Unfortunately this post gives no real indication of how much I've enjoyed this season.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Maybe the Barrow complaints are about that outrageous foul throw that lead to the goal?
Talking of foul throws, their first one should have been chalked off. Have a look at the throwers foot and how far over the line it was (and it happened every time).

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well done city very emotional night and as always proud to be a Grecian - what a group of players they know how to grind out a result this lot
So pleased for King Matt too has managed from brilliantly this season and always talks well

The Reds Are Going Up

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
After three glasses of Albarino, trying to make sense of tonight is impossible, except to reiterate what people have said about the collective togetherness of the team and the way that the manager (er!) manages them. Overall it was a very nervy performance, but one that lifts a load from the team in view of who they're playing in the last two games. I thought Barrow were hard to break down, without looking very much like they werae going to create scoring chances, and City were just...nervous. Personally though that Stubbs or Collins would have been man of the match for me. Interesting article in the Sheffield Star about Cam Dawson which suggests he probably wont be with us next season, pity! Finally, before I finish the bottle I'd like to refer to the thread about season ticket prices; if we're going to sustain our challenge or position in League One we're going to have to do some heavy recruiting to enlarge the squad and this implies spending money on wages. I trust the manager to recruit the right players, but he'll need the money to do it.
Unfortunately this post gives no real indication of how much I've enjoyed this season.
No I know how to do weather forecasts - drink more Albarino !
Well done David for all your "sober" forecasting over the season - can I buy you an Albarino in the FECRACE v Port Vale ?
UTC

Grecian Max

Just a fantastic set of players. Have to say, echo what Jay said - the recruitment has been very good. And Matt Taylor’s constant talk of the right character - it’s finally come together. They clearly have fun a squad but are also all driven and professional - like the best bits of the Conference promotion winners mixed with that high water mark of 10/11.

This time we seem much more organised and ready for the step up - going to love watching us get some big boy scalps next year 🔥

arthur

Horrible game of football due to Barrows hard work and tactics and our nerves but the reason why we are promoted is writ large tonight. We found a way to win.
Can't remember the last time I saw a game when the ball spent so much time in the air

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not many people on this thread during the game. Where was everyone?
Laughing at Phil Brown's suit. He looked like he was at a cheap wedding in Benidorm.

They thought it was a foul throw
No, it was because the throw should have gone their way. It was an obvious mistake by the linesman on the Stagecoach Stand side who looked uncertain of his decision making all evening. At every opportunity he looked to the ref to make the decision. When forced on this occasion to make a call he got it wrong and City scored.
But do I care...no.

Trapdoor

Laughing at Phil Brown's suit. He looked like he was at a cheap wedding in Benidorm.
What a shitter that lad is. Not quite Steve Evans or Derek Adams but fvck me he's bad.

thermopylai

After three glasses of Albarino,...
Am on the 12 year Bowmore, and I can safely say that was the greatest game of football ever. And then some.
Admittedly, I didn't think so at the time, but on not very sober reflection, I have changed my mind.