• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Barrow Matchday Thread

ryancooper327

Spare a thought for Os Zanzala. He must have been in a real dilemma wanting to join in the celebrations with his City team in front of his Barrow colleagues and employers. Did anyone see him after the game?
Pretty sure he was in the middle of it all celebrating…

Alfie 1966

How long til the 360 is available?

A turgid game, huge respect to Barrow whom fought for every inch of that pitch and everyone directly below us cannot complain at their performance. If they continue in that vain of performance they will be comfortable mid table will Barrow.

On us, despite not being 100% at the races we found a way to win which is the story of our season. I am so proud of our club and what we have achieved (It could yet be so much more if we can beat Northampton and Port Vale), the style of which we have achieved it and the core values that have underpinned this achievement. You look at the teams around us Forest Green losing Millions, Mansfield, Salford, Northampton all the same losing Millions chasing the chance to lose millions more in League one. We have to find a way to be sustainable at league one level. SO next season we need 6,000 minimum at SJP to become the norm and to fund ourselves to hopefully a long stint at league one leave whilst underpinning our core values of player progression through the academy and improving every aspect of the club.

On a personal note this is my third promotion watching City and i am lucky that i have seen 1 at Wembley (Cambridge 2008), 1 away (Rotherham 2009) and one at home last night.

Everyone associated with ECFC should be very proud. I am at work and my voice is dead.
If we get 6/000 minimum at S.J.P. one of our sponsors (STAGECOACH) will need to up there game Exeter P&R total shambles for S. J. P

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Spare a thought for Os Zanzala. He must have been in a real dilemma wanting to join in the celebrations with his City team in front of his Barrow colleagues and employers. Did anyone see him after the game?
There is a photo somewhere of Ozzie wearing red & white celebrating in our dressing room - don't tell Phil Brown !

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ozzie went full John Terry last night. Legend

Lammie

Chieck Diabate just did a Steve Tulley on Radio Devon hahahahaha
The exuberance of youth ;)

denzel

Did anyone watch Sky Sports News last night. Wish I'd remembered to record it.
Did they have someone in the studio (hopefully Clinton) or at the ground?

fred binneys head

Funny how in our last two promotions such goals have been so prominent.

Back in 2009, penultimate game away at Lincoln, late on at 0-0 Deano's shot beat the keeper, struck the post, hit the back of the head of the diving keeper and rebounded into the net. Absolutely crucial as the extra two points meant that it was in our own hands at Rotherham.
And Salford away this season

fred binneys head

I think someone pointed out that at the Barrow throw in which led to the goal their player overstepped the line, and you can see that in the highlights, so they can stop moaning
Don’t wish to be overly pedantic, but the barrow throw was fine, the players feet only have to be touching the line at some point, they don’t have to be fully behind the line. So if his heel was touching the line (which it was) then it’s within the laws of the game even if his toes and ball of his foot is on the pitch.

geoffwp

Ozzie went full John Terry last night. Legend
According to comments on their forum "he was celebrating like he has been with the club for 5 seasons. If they want him maybe we can get a good deal for him".
They obviously still want to offload.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
According to comments on their forum "he was celebrating like he has been with the club for 5 seasons. If they want him maybe we can get a good deal for him".
They obviously still want to offload.
I wouldn't object to Zanzala coming in on a permanent deal but he would have to be 3rd Choice as he is not good enough for league one but a great option as a back up / something different as a sub