Exeter City vs Barrow Matchday Thread

Rosencrantz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hard to be certain on the basis of that footage, but it looks to me like it bounces in off the inside of the post.
It isn't clear from that camara position but from the Stanno Stand it was clear that it hit the post, then Cam and in to the back of the net. Hard to criticise a goalkeeper for doing what he instinctively should do, dive after the ball, but with no touch from the throw in, Cam could have stayed on his feet and it would have bounced back to him off the post. If it had gone in it would have been a goal kick as no one had played it from the throw.

Anyway, didn't matter in the end 🙂

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hard to be certain on the basis of that footage, but it looks to me like it bounces in off the inside of the post.
I knew it was a valid goal when I saw Cam’s reaction - he was furious and kicked the ball back to the halfway line in anger. He wouldn’t have done that if he was certain it hadn’t touched him.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
What an amazing interview from Matt Taylor; incredibly generous.
And from Matt Jay. One of the most moving things I’ve seen was at the end of MJ’s interview, when the young lad interviewing him said “one last thing…….thank you” and gave him a massive hug. What a wonderful way to end the interview, that’s something I’ll never forget. Well done to that young man.