• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Barrow Matchday Thread

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Club statement 😃😃😃

ECFC89

Dad first took me when I was six. Thought he was a b******* for doing so. Turns out he knew these moments of joy were absolutely worth all the years or hurt!

Last edited:

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Barrow were a tough side in good form who did their best to make it a scrappy game, but as per usual we found away to win.

All good sides are built on a solid defence and MT got that spot on this season. We were hard to beat and after Xmas Stubbs came into the side and made us almost impossible to beat.

Recruit well again this summer and we could be in for a real treat next season.

Well done to MT, the players, the coaching staff, the fans, and everyone else involved.

hillview red

Unbelievable scenes. Not quite sure how we got over the line. Barrow were super competitive. Can't stand Phil Brown and his moaning but he certainly got his players to give their all in what was essentially a meaningless game for them.

Agree with others about Stubbs and Collins but wanted to highlight Cam's save on 63 minutes - huge. I know he didn't cover himself in glory with their goal tonight but his saves on Saturday from Keohane early on and the one this evening have been absolutely vital.

Farewell John Rooney of Barrow, hello Wayne Rooney of Derby

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes, Cam's save was massive tonight.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes, Cam's save was massive tonight.
Have been all season

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
So so happy. To witness that tonight FINALLY puts the memories of those Wembley defeats to bed.

The recruitment has been superb and it’s my favourite ECFC team in over 33 years of watching. The whole club is going places and we can progress in L1.

For now though I am going to really enjoy the final two games and who knows the league title could be in the bag too!

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's OFFICIAL our 6 years of hurt has ended - UTC !

ExeterCraic

Apologies to more serious ECFC fans but I've got myself and 4 friends coming over for the final game, brought people over a few times but I've promised them another pitch invasion so fingers crossed.

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster