• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Barrow Matchday Thread

ExeterCraic

Christ, I've seen us lose at Wembley in person 3 times, thank god we've done it with two games to go. I think if we'd had Stubbs since the start of the season we'd have won the league already.

thermopylai

Sam Stubbs beyond immense tonight. And he got really pi$$Ed off with those stupid corners in the first half...
Stubbs has been phenomenal. You can't pick one player, but if I did... Quality.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Oh, and pete what about the other 25 or 30 other foul throws in the game?
Hey, I'm not complaining, just pointing out what Barrow players might have justifiably been upset about. Nearly every throw-in seems to be illegal in this day and age. Sloppily thrown, one handed, foot off of the ground, feet not on or behind the line, all largely ignored. On another rule note: It appeared every time that the Barrow keeper was still holding/handling the ball when he cleared it from outside the box. Glaring near the end!

Hey, I'm not complaining, just pointing out what Barrow players might have justifiably been upset about. Nearly every throw-in seems to be illegal in this day and age. Sloppily thrown, one handed, foot off of the ground, feet not on or behind the line, all largely ignored. On another rule note: It appeared every time that the Barrow keeper was still holding/handling the ball when he cleared it from outside the box. Glaring near the end!
I also thought their keeper was regularly handling outside the box by releasing too late. If agreeing with Pete means my account is deleted then so be it 🤣

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
If agreeing with Pete means my account is deleted then so be it 🤣
You might be running a risk! :rolleyes:

sign of the chimes

Congratulations, I'm genuinely made up for you all; and pleased to see that the good guys/gals do prevail from time to time.

I'm hoping that the fixture computer is kind with the dates for our trip to St James' Park - and allows me a chance to head back over your way next term.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Congratulations, I'm genuinely made up for you all; and pleased to see that the good guys/gals do prevail from time to time.

I'm hoping that the fixture computer is kind with the dates for our trip to St James' Park - and allows me a chance to head back over your way next term.
You know you will be made very welcome when you do visit.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster

Thanks for your positive thoughts for our fan owned club over the last few seasons.
Just spent the last couple of hours with one of the Devon Blues watching City on one screen and Pompey on the other - what a night for both clubs.
PUP

ryancooper327

Just got home to kiss my kids good night but Stubbs had cleared them. That man was built different, he put his nut on everything, give him whatever he wants to sign an extension

ryancooper327

Oh yeah and the reds are going up