• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Barnsley Official Matchday Thread - Tuesday 28 March 2023

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The 360 version

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Some more from the Barnsley fans about the game
(77) Red All Over | All Over Tarn - YouTube
They do seem quite a class act - disappointed in their own team's showing (obviously) but VERY complimentary about ECFC.
A good watch
Impressed with our press. And the cut backs from the byline - "that's what Exeter do". I've been waiting years for us to do these!

Also enjoyed "haif" (for half) - not something I've heard before....

andrew p long

minor gripe about the otherwise excellent commentary on ifollow - Andrew Barge for the third time in two games referring to Kevin MacDonald as '36 year old''

FFS he was born late 1988. He's 34 and will still be 34 for more than another 6 months.

fred binneys head

Given what appears to be a close friendship with Jevani Brown, I wonder if that has been a factor?
And Tim Dieng.

Spoonz Red E

Slightly worried about Sam Nombe. No smiles when he arrived at SJP and not getting involved in the post match celebrations as much as usual.
At the end of the 360 video - referring to the players post match clapping and jigging with the Big Bank.
"See what I started? Trend setter!"

Looked happy enough to me.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
minor gripe about the otherwise excellent commentary on ifollow - Andrew Barge for the third time in two games referring to Kevin MacDonald as '36 year old''

FFS he was born late 1988. He's 34 and will still be 34 for more than another 6 months.
Plus they had to refer to our County cousins exploits during OUR game !

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure if they've been put on here, so anyways Gary's thoughts

Caldwell speaks so well, always appears relaxed and confident in front of the cameras, and comes across as a nice guy. Tisdale always overthought his response so it didn't come naturally, and Taylor, despite his brutal honesty, sometimes seemed a bit intense.

Memphis09

I assumed it's been agreed he'll be off, so it's not surprising that he's not as enthused as he was

The problem is he isn't playing well enough at the moment to attract high value bids.

I'd like to think GC had sat down with him and tried to persuade him to stay. But if he hasn't, or has and failed, it makes sense to bring James Scott more into the picture at Sam's expense
Would agree if ..... but Scott is nowhere as good as Nombe

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It's like we've won promotion, rather than having beating only Barnsley!

Last edited:

Bridgy 81

Seeing the above video reminded me how small our technical area is.
With seven subs plus all the back room staff we have in the vicinity nowadays it must be very snug down there.
I was able to have a close look at it when I did the stadium tour a while back.
It’s minute and incredibly close to the opposition’s area as well.
I’m surprised tempers don’t flare more often between the two benches.
The fourth official is sandwiched between them in a little sentry box.
There’s hardly room in there for any spare footballs let alone the cumbersome electronic device they have to fiddle with to indicate injury time and substitutions.