• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Versus Sutton United League 2 Discussion and Prediction Thread

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wayne Shaw was the pastie muncher in 2017 when they beat Leeds 1:0 in the FA Cup 4 round....hopefully he’ll be in goal today :ROFLMAO:
Hopefully he’ll be up front.

Oldsmobile-88

Wayne Shaw was the pastie muncher in 2017 when they beat Leeds 1:0 in the FA Cup 4 round....hopefully he’ll be in goal today :ROFLMAO:
Jeeze..I had forgotten that one.Leeds have had a few shockers in the FAC over the years...I still remember the Colchester game in 1971..

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jeeze..I had forgotten that one.Leeds have had a few shockers in the FAC over the years...I still remember the Colchester game in 1971..
Not forgetting they lost 3-0 to Crawley last season.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
They famously beat FA Cup holders Coventry City in 1988.
Sutton have played Leeds at home in the FAC in 1970 losing 6-0 I seem to recall @John William mentioning he was at that game ?
Leeds lost to Conference Team Histon in 2009.

Silly fact of the day,Karaoke Bob (RIP)once lived in Sutton & used the name Sutton as a moniker when he was acting 😁
I remember visiting him in Sutton 40 years ago,as crazy a character there as he was in Exeter later.
I was indeed. Got up early, got the train to West Sutton, queued for hours to get the ticket. On match day squeezed in with over 10,000 others, saw Leeds' almost full strength team (Sprake was on compassionate leave) and an Alan Clarke masterclass. Leeds applauded Sutton off the pitch at the end.

A special footy day.

David Treharne

Wow! It's a warm 17c and although notionally the wind is SSE there's absolutely no movement at all at the moment. The predicted 'showers' overnight, didn't happen, indeed there have only been traces of rain for much of the week, and it doesn't look as though there'll any today. Indeed it seems likely that, following the pattern for most of this week, it'll be warmer and sunnier by afternoon. Yesterday we had a steady 20c during the course of the afternoon.A possible downside is that it's very humid. 100% grey cloud cover as I type.
Like other deluded people I think we'll win this afternoon, not easily, but comfortably. I'll update at 13:00

haka

I was indeed. Got up early, got the train to West Sutton, queued for hours to get the ticket. On match day squeezed in with over 10,000 others, saw Leeds' almost full strength team (Sprake was on compassionate leave) and an Alan Clarke masterclass. Leeds applauded Sutton off the pitch at the end.

A special footy day.
The video of that game is very funny, 1970 feels more like 1870 ...

Banksy

The video of that game is very funny, 1970 feels more like 1870 ...

Except for the shorts!

scottus86

Strange start to the game. Sutton with several corners but not very threatening, several of our players making basic mistakes.