• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Versus Sutton United League 2 Discussion and Prediction Thread

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Next up at SJP we welcome newly promoted Sutton Utd fresh from their second league victory against the high flying Monkey Hangers in Mid-week and who will be looking for their third win (first away) in a row.

Their stats on Wednesday weren't too shabby with 19 shots against 4 and on Saturday 18 shots against 9, indicating that they are prepared to take a pop at goal should the opportunity present itself. After six matches they currently lie in 15th with 2 wins 2 draws and 2 defeats, 6 goals for and 6 goals against. Their top scorers currently are Richie Bennett and one Donovan Wilson both with two goals (two more than Wilson ever looked like scoring for us). Average home attendance to date is 2704 which is a marked improvement of where they were seven seasons ago when they plied their trade in the conference south.

Despite last night's 60 minutes I wouldn't expect to see Archie start probably taking a seat on the bench alongside Edwards (is his name hyphenated?) Lee and Daniel from last night. Team formation I would expect to see would be 3-4-3
Dawson
Sweeney Ray Hartridge
Key Dieng Kite Caprice
Brown Nombe Jay

Subs
Lee Collins Grounds Edwards Amond Daniel Atangana

Crowd to be the lowest of the season 4819 with 134 away - one coach and a few stragglers
Unfortunately for the 'amber and chocolates' they will find City still on fire with not only Nombe notching his first goal of the season but getting a brace in a 5-1 romp for the mighty Grecians, other scorers being Brown Jay and Ray

Up the football league we go..........

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Their stats on Wednesday weren't too shabby with 19 shots against 4 and on Saturday 18 shots against 9, indicating that they are prepared to take a pop at goal should the opportunity present itself. After six matches they currently lie in 15th with 2 wins 2 draws and 2 defeats, 6 goals for and 6 goals against. Their top scorers currently are Richie Bennett and one Donovan Wilson both with two goals (two more than Wilson ever looked like scoring for us). Average home attendance to date is 2704 which is a marked improvement of where they were seven seasons ago when they plied their trade in the conference south.
Donovan Wilson may never have scored for us but we will always have Notts County away.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
So Donovan made the switch from red and white to chocolate and mellow yellow?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Donovan Wilson may never have scored for us but we will always have Notts County away.
I'd forgotten that it was his "assist" for Law's goal. We laughed about that smash and grab raid until the coach was well on the way home.

MJ the only survivor of the starting 11 that day. Notts County 0-1 Exeter City - BBC Sport

TOP_CITY_FAN

All I want is a Nombe winner in front of the Big Bank

Grecian2K

Referee is Scott Oldham. A relative newby (only 20 league standard games so far) this is first ever Grecian game.
From the stats doesn't seem too card happy.

Corey

Referee is Scott Oldham. A relative newby (only 20 league standard games so far) this is first ever Grecian game.
From the stats doesn't seem too card happy.
He has refereed three of our games so far: the 3-0 home win against Colchester in 2019, the 4-1 loss to Coventry in the Carabao a couple years back (Ben Chrisene’s debut), and the 1-0 loss to Hartlepool in the FA Cup Second Round replay two seasons ago.

Last edited:

Colesman Ballz

He has refereed three of our games so far: the 3-0 home win against Colchester in 2019, the 4-1 loss to Coventry in the Carabao a couple years back (Ben Chrisene’s debut), and the 1-0 loss to Hartlepool in the FA Cup Second Round replay two seasons ago.
A slight difference of opinion here chaps !

#sortitouttisdalethorpe

malcolms

Next up at SJP we welcome newly promoted Sutton Utd fresh from their second league victory against the high flying Monkey Hangers in Mid-week and who will be looking for their third win (first away) in a row.

Despite last night's 60 minutes I wouldn't expect to see Archie start probably taking a seat on the bench alongside Edwards (is his name hyphenated?) Lee and Daniel from last night. Team formation I would expect to see would be 3-4-3
Dawson
Sweeney Ray Hartridge
Key Dieng Kite Caprice
Brown Nombe Jay

Subs
Lee Collins Grounds Edwards Amond Daniel Atangana

Crowd to be the lowest of the season 4819 with 134 away - one coach and a few stragglers
Unfortunately for the 'amber and chocolates' they will find City still on fire with not only Nombe notching his first goal of the season but getting a brace in a 5-1 romp for the mighty Grecians, other scorers being Brown Jay and Ray

Up the football league we go..........
They don't give loads of goals away, so you're 5 1 scoreline might be fanciful. Sutton are a big side, play a little like Cheltenham, lots of long throws and the compete very hard for first and second balls..It will be a battle.

Bridgy 81

I'd forgotten that it was his "assist" for Law's goal. We laughed about that smash and grab raid until the coach was well on the way home.

I was at that game too. What a win.
I remembered Richard Duffy’s involvement in Bowman’s first yellow card with his Tim Sills style crumple to the deck. Daft of Bowman to stick his boot in so soon after though to give the ref the chance to send him off.
The day wasn’t even spoilt by a fine landing on my doormat a few days later for driving in a bus lane in Nottingham city centre.