• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Versus Sutton United League 2 Discussion and Prediction Thread

Grecian_in_Plymouth

All I want is a Nombe winner in front of the Big Bank
this is happening

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
They don't give loads of goals away, so you're 5 1 scoreline might be fanciful. Sutton are a big side, play a little like Cheltenham, lots of long throws and the compete very hard for first and second balls..It will be a battle.
I'm just possibly over optimistic that our three pronged attack of midgets will do them, but you are right it could be a battle if we allow them to play their game, last season's matches against the promoted sides weren't what one would have hoped for

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
1-0 city. Nom nom nom.

Banksy

We need Nombe to start scoring and get his confidence up. Now will be as good a time as any to start.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
They don't give loads of goals away, so you're 5 1 scoreline might be fanciful. Sutton are a big side, play a little like Cheltenham, lots of long throws and the compete very hard for first and second balls..It will be a battle.
They may not usually give many goals away but I don't think it's too conceited to say they won't have come up against players of the quality of Nombe, Brown, Jay and Key too often.

LOG

Crowd to be the lowest of the season 4819 with 134 away
The lowest of the season, except for the FGR match ;)

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
The lowest of the season, except for the FGR match ;)
Shit was it that low, can't see us going below 4k on Saturday so I have to take it back, lucky I'm not on the gate committee. 4008 really, and top of the league, holy moly, and relatively local- ish jeeeesus - still in shock (their two coach loads that allegedly turned back wouldn't have made much difference then)! Shows what having a sweetener daddy does for you. 4008. I'll have to keep a closer eye on attendances in future, when we played them in October 2019 there were 5319, just goes to show what a challenge it will be to get to 6000.

I'll review my attendance figure downward to 4225, but remaining optomistic on the goal front despite Malcolms guidance

malcolms

They may not usually give many goals away but I don't think it's too conceited to say they won't have come up against players of the quality of Nombe, Brown, Jay and Key too often.
I guess we'll see on Saturday..Odd goal may win it, but I fancy a draw

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Tim Dieng relishing a physical game on Saturday :)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member