• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City versus Oxford Utd EFL Trophy discussion thread

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Firstly it's on a Wednesday night kick off 7.00 p.m.

After today quite a few changes I would imagine.

Visser
Martin A Parkes Moxey
Williams Atagana Taylor Collins Sparkes
Seymour Fisher

Hopefully Ajose might be nearer to making the bench,Tha t would leave a fairly strong bench in theory if the players apply themselves

Be a difficult match but hopefully the players will want to make amends for their efforts (or lack of) today, and those that are picked will have the opportunity to grab their shirt
Not the most important competition but the prize money would be useful and good opportunity for players to make a claim

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
£20k to the winners.
Oxford are on excellent form.
A tough game coming up.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't like to be negative about our players but Sweeney certainly needs a rest. He was dreadful today, and looked ill.

andrew p long

I get these competitions confused but IIRC we have previously made ten changes for the Checkatrade or whatever it is called this year. And a very busy fixture list (3 games in six days, five in thirteen and eight from 1 December to 1 January).

So wholesale changes for this ? We could start with today’s seven subs,plus experienced professionals Tillson and Woodman, Gary Warren if fit enough to play an hour, plus one more,say Ben Seymour.That would be something like

Visser
Richardson
Warren
Parkes
Woodman
Jay
Taylor
Tillson
Martin
Seymour
Fisher

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I get these competitions confused but IIRC we have previously made ten changes for the Checkatrade or whatever it is called this year. And a very busy fixture list (3 games in six days, five in thirteen and eight from 1 December to 1 January).

So wholesale changes for this ? We could start with today’s seven subs,plus experienced professionals Tillson and Woodman, Gary Warren if fit enough to play an hour, plus one more,say Ben Seymour.That would be something like

Visser
Richardson
Warren
Parkes
Woodman
Jay
Taylor
Tillson
Martin
Seymour
Fisher
Possibly Randall instead of Seymour and Hartridge instead of Warren.

Steve H

After today quite a few changes I would imagine.

Visser
Martin A Parkes Moxey
Williams Atagana Taylor Collins Sparkes
Seymour Fisher
The only difference I would make to that line up would be Richardson instead of Williams

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
We may not like the format of the competition much, but there's money to be made for the Club! Remember: It's a 7pm kick off on Wednesday.

Jason's preview

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Interview with Ben Seymour

Grecian2K

The only difference I would make to that line up would be Richardson instead of Williams
I'd actually swop Visser for Maxted for this one.
Give Jonny M a chance for redemption (assuming that the floodlights aren't too dazzling for him)
And, if not, it would at least keep Dino fresh and ready for a possible league debut on Saturday.

Legohead

Banned
I'd say play a full strength side and get hammered in this on purpose. Give the U's a false sense of security and they'll underestimate us in the 3rd round tie which we ARE going to be playing btw and we reach round 4! Happy days!