• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City versus Oxford United matchday thread

Red red

Back home after a train ride with an Oxford fan, he said that is the best they have played all season.
I do believe the injuries are not hitting us big time. Reading his tweet Sweeney was not fit to play and it showed before kick off when he was having a go at Kite which is most unusual and in the game Hartridge had to keep telling Sweeney where was playing.
We have been found out Bristol Rovers came and shut up shop until we went 2-1up then they attacked.
Today’s performance will continue to happen until we get some players back.
I really hope because I dread to think what will happen with this team when we play the team in green.
Oxford attacked our defence who didn’t really have a clue.
Collins was superb today but even gave away a silly free kick for the first goal.
Harper no comment
Our midfield overrun and our defence at 6s and7s
Hopefully a week off for most will reset the team.
Still in a good position let’s be positive come on city

milts

On the positive, Kegs had a positive impact when he came on.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
How the hell have we conceded 8 goals in 2 games? Playing with pretty much 5 at the back. Need to sort out this defence-That’s the problem!
Seemed to work ok under Taylor

iscalad

On the positive, Kegs had a positive impact when he came on.
As did MJ and Kegs was tidy. James did OK.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Watching about a third of the Big Bank walk out after 50 mins was the most disappointing thing of the day for me. We're a f'king team and we're in it together. It's easy to bounce around and sing when you've achieved promotion and are 2 nil up but you dont just bail out the first time things start to get tough. Really f'king poor.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Watching about a third of the Big Bank walk out after 50 mins was the most disappointing thing of the day for me. We're a f'king team and we're in it together. It's easy to bounce around and sing when you've achieved promotion and are 2 nil up but you dont just bail out the first time things start to get tough. Really f'king poor.
A third? It looked like about 50 kids to me.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
From the replay (from a poor angle), the only player that could have played the goal scorer on was Kite, who was in the left back position. To me the striker looked about 1 yard offside, if you try and look at the shadows. One for VAR!
Kite was definitely playing him on.

iscalad

A third? It looked like about 50 kids to me.
Sadly more like a couple of hundred.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is my take on the goals we conceded first half.

First goal Archie has to shoulder most of the blame. Caught in possession then had to foul to prevent a shot on goal. The wall also did a terrible job.

Second goal I thought Blackman should have done better with the initial shot.

Third goal Nombe shouldn't have been caught in possession but Caprice was culpable. He should have come inside and closed down. Instead he dropped right off to mark...absolutely no-one.

ExmouthMart

Looks like a reality check today regarding expectation etc. We are too easy to play against when the other team presses. It’s nothing new and goes back to Tisdale. We never have a plan B other than lump it forward and hope for the best. Quite funny though reading the comments. This is not bad. It’s just where we are as a Club that is self financing. Bad will be getting stuffed by Argyle. That is bad. It’s all part of the fun of supporting City. Some good times occasionally but largely just muddling along on the periphery watching the boom and bust of everyone else enjoying their five minutes of fame till the money runs out…..