• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Versus Mansfield Town Saturday 23/10/21 3.00 p.m. (BST) Kick off

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
How long has Nigel Clough got? Could this be the final curtain or have they turned the corner with their draw against in form Port Vale on Saturday and attempt to simulate our meteoric rise back in 2016/17.

Their fans from the forum seem generally to back Clough believing their misfortune is due to injuries and non availability of players. But it is not the fans who decide the managers fate, and historically Mansfield being one of the 'monied' clubs have been quite quick to change manager when things haven't gone their way, however the Radfords do appear to be showing patience with Clough but how long will that last particularly as there is a successful league two manager now available in Mickey Flynn the ex Newport Manager.

Anyway on to the match as we approach the fixture we are currently unbeaten in 12 and Mansfield haven't won in 14, their last win being in August against Newport County, other than that their only other win was on the opening day at home to Bristol Rovers, they have drawn five matches and lost the remaining six. Players are starting to return from injury but whether they will be match fit time will only tell, their joint top scorers are Danny Johnson and Ollie Hawkins with Ollie Clarke providing a couple of assists and also notching a goal himself

We don't appear to have many injuries from our previous matches so it is going to be difficult to predict what team selection/formation Matt will go with, although after his efforts on Tuesday it would be hard to drop Caprice (or was it Atangana) from the left back spot despite being so right footed. I would anticipate

Dawson
Key Sweeney Ray Hartridge Caprice
Collins Atangana Taylor
Jay Nombe

Subs
Lee Amond DanieL Grounds Edwards Coley Dieng

With Brown having more time to recover from his foot injury

Whilst the form guide is so overwhelmingly in our favour, this has got draw written all over it(I hope not though 🤞) it 2-2 Nombe and Collins, crowd 4732

One day everything is going to click, when we absolutely dominate aside and every shot goes in, and should this be the game then this could be Mr C's last game in charge!

OmanGrecian

I have returned back to Italy from Kosovo earlier than expected. This means I'm flying to the UK tomorrow to surprise family for half term. This also means I will be attending my first game since last Christmas. I CANNOT WAIT.

3-0 Win. Nombe x 2 and Sweeney

tonykellowfan

Surely Dieng will play instead of Atangana?

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Mansfield have a pretty decent record at SJP in recent times not that it will count for anything Saturday.
Back to the same starting eleven as last Saturday I reckon although personally I’d select Caprice over Daniel after Crawley.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I suspect we will see a 4-2-3-1 formation along the lines of;

Dawson
Key
Sweeney
Hartridge
Caprice
Collins
Dieng
Edwards
Jay
Coley
Nombe

Fingers crossed for a home win!

grecIAN Harris

Dieng should be back in the side despite Big Nige scoring.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have returned back to Italy from Kosovo earlier than expected. This means I'm flying to the UK tomorrow to surprise family for half term. This also means I will be attending my first game since last Christmas. I CANNOT WAIT.

3-0 Win. Nombe x 2 and Sweeney
Oman Grecian - welcome back to the SJP fold.
Your only problem is that if any of your family read EXEWEB it won't be a surprise !
UTC

Red Devon

Matt Taylor
I suspect we will see a 4-2-3-1 formation along the lines of;

Dawson
Key
Sweeney
Hartridge
Caprice
Collins
Dieng
Edwards
Jay
Coley
Nombe

Fingers crossed for a home win!
MT mentioning Key as someone who may need a rest, also seemed very impressed with Mansfield after Tuesday evening’s game with Port Vale now they’re getting back near to full strength.

Bridgy 81

I probably missed it but it looked to me, reading the reports, that Scott Brown was on the bench on Tuesday and not Harry Lee.
Anyone know the reason why?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I probably missed it but it looked to me, reading the reports, that Scott Brown was on the bench on Tuesday and not Harry Lee.
Anyone know the reason why?
I think it was agreed that it was because Lee isn't allowed out on a school night as he has to do his Maths homework.