• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Wycombe Wanderers Matchday Thread

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Clearly enthusiasm for this abounds. We're in League One FFS.

A 2-0 home win is on the cards.

jimbo-gould

My optimism has been slightly dampened from our defeat. I had a ‘we are going to win every game by three goals‘ attitude going on which, in hindsight has questioning my intelligence. I’m going 6-0 to City.

Also, I assumed Nathan Bishop went to Wycombe on loan but it appears he’s not moved anywhere at the minute. Good job we weren’t holding out for him.

Pete Martin (CTID)

My optimism has been slightly dampened from our defeat. I had a ‘we are going to win every game by three goals‘ attitude going on which, in hindsight has questioning my intelligence. I’m going 6-0 to City.

Also, I assumed Nathan Bishop went to Wycombe on loan but it appears he’s not moved anywhere at the minute. Good job we weren’t holding out for him.
I think our otimism was similarly slightly damped last season by losing 3-0 away to Orient and only gaining half the points in our first 3 games that we have so far in L1.

However, things did get better.......

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think Saturdays defeat will do a good job of humbling a few of us. We have had a good start but Lincoln, Port Vale and Cheltenham are certainly going to be 3 of the weakest sides this year so a bit of perspective needed, this is still going to be a tricky season and I'd still take survival by a point now if offered.

Wycombe are a proper League 1 outfit and have some excellent players, although it appears a lot of them are out injured. From their first 11/fringes, Gape, Vokes, Tafazolli, McCarthy, Thompson, Hanlan and Kaikai are all (hopefully) still out, hence their indifferent start.

If Vokes and Tafazolli are still out, I'd fancy us to get the win tonight, they are integral to their long ball/set pieces game. I'm going 2-1 City.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Looking forward to watching this, I think!

Toughest game of the season so far.

Jason preview (say hello to him if you see him tonight)

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jason preview (say hello to him if you see him tonight)

Will he have a copy of the times under his arm and a red carnation in his button hole?

Avening Posse

Wycombe were up there last season so certainly feels like our first big test to date. But we are good at home, and with their injuries as well, I’m getting a 2-0 win vibe.

First proper L1 test and on the back of a defeat think the guys will be up for this one.
Tight one but think city will edge it 2 - 1, Jay and Nombe with two second half goals.

Grecianpasty

2-0 city Nombe and Diabete

Yes we lost on Saturday, but we demolished Port Vale, and we can humble Wycombe.

Feeling good about this one.

David Treharne

It's dull, warm (19c) and there are intermittent raindrops. The 'drought' ended around 15.30 yesterday with a torrential downpour and circling thunder and lightning. We had 7mm in a very short period of time, but it's done nothing to allieviate how dry the ground is. The sprinklers will be on! Just at the moment it's very humid, and it looks as though there will be more rain during the day.Wind is from the N, but going round to NE. I'll update at around 18:00.
Another set of warnings - British Gas are now working outside the Well Street entrance, and the road is a series of obstacles along the road from the St Anne's Well. Also advance notice that York Road will be closed from 22nd for an unspecified period.
The football? I'm optimistic.