• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City V Vegan Rovers Discussion Thread

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
I like Jay, but I wouldn't drop Martin. Martin and Law are a cut above in my view so I'd look elsewhere

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks like Forest Green picked up a couple of injuries in their midweek game. I think I'd play MJ on Sat. Play a 5 man midfield and let him play in an attacking midfield role. His time has come. I was dubious at the start of the season if he was ever going to make it but from what I've seen and heard this season I think he needs to play.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Corey

Looks like Forest Green picked up a couple of injuries in their midweek game. I think I'd play MJ on Sat. Play a 5 man midfield and let him play in an attacking midfield role. His time has come. I was dubious at the start of the season if he was ever going to make it but from what I've seen and heard this season I think he needs to play.
Are you suggesting returning to 4 at the back? Personally think we are far stronger with the three. Both Sweeney and Moxey play much better in those roles.

GJW

I think it will be a tight match and am going for draw 1-1. I do believe it will be well attend so I'm saying 5,102.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm predicting a narrow win for the mighty Grecians with Battler Bowman knocking it down for Matty Jay's winner. A good crowd just shy of 5000 and Jonny to keep a clean sheet.
1-0

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Are you suggesting returning to 4 at the back? Personally think we are far stronger with the three. Both Sweeney and Moxey play much better in those roles.
No. I also think 3 at the back.

Corey

No. I also think 3 at the back.
Ok so who would you replace in the midfield? I think MJ deserves a chance but will have to be off the bench as all our current midfielders deserve to be starting.
I’d go for:
Maxted
Sweeney
Parkes
Moxey
Williams
Taylor
Collins
Law
Sparkes
Bowman
Seymour

With MJ and Fisher both getting a chance off the bench, Fisher only if we’re not winning.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd play 3 at the back of Parke's, Moxey, Sweeney, Midfield 5 of Taylor, Collins, Law, Jay, Williams, and a front 2 of Bowman and Martin.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd drop Moxey, and play a three of Sweeney Martin (A) Parkes, mid five of Taylor Law Collins Williams (subbed for Richardson on 60 in a good old PT I plan every move sort of style) and Sparkes with Front two of Bowman and Martin (bringing on Jay after 60). Third and final sub may be to bring on Fisher for Bowman for the last 15 or Atagana for Collins again for the last 15. Unused subs New Goalie Seymour Moxey