• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City V Tranmere Rovers Matchday Thread

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Calm down old boy. Want some of my blood pressure tablets?
Win 3 of our remaining matches and we are up.
Anyway, yet another tough game, but one that is winnable. UTC
Nah, I’m good without the meds thanks. If we need 3 wins from Tranmere, Rochdale, Barrow, Northampton and Vale I’d be worried. Tranmere, Northampton and Vale will all be very difficult games. I’d be worried if we went into the Northampton game still needing a win.

Let Vale hammer Rovers, we win at Tranmere, and Mansfield and Northampton both fail to win, job’s a good ‘un.

iscalad

Nah, I’m good without the meds thanks. If we need 3 wins from Tranmere, Rochdale, Barrow, Northampton and Vale I’d be worried. Tranmere, Northampton and Vale will all be very difficult games. I’d be worried if we went into the Northampton game still needing a win.

Let Vale hammer Rovers, we win at Tranmere, and Mansfield and Northampton both fail to win, job’s a good ‘un.
We'll have to agree to disagree then. Need Rovers to beat Vale

robchave

Difficult game, away, so I'd be happy with a point. Obviously want to see us over the line as soon as possible, so a win would be excellent.
Don't really care about what anyone else does; just keep racking up the points City !

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The max Rovers can get is 82 points from four games. We are picking up more than 5 points from 5 games. Not worried about anyone other than Vale and Mansfield.
Rationally looking at the way we are playing and the confidence within the squad we should easily pick up more than 5 points. However, there is a part of me that remembers how we always struggle at Tranmere and thinks we could lose tonight. Then I also think we could be due another frustrating goalless draw at home and then suddenly there would be a lot of pressure on the Barrow match ahead of the difficult last 2 matches.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Alan Tonge is pairing Anthony Wareing on Radio Devon commentary today.
Let's hope they have more luck with the technology than at Carlisle.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
We'll have to agree to disagree then. Need Rovers to beat Vale
Can't we just agree to disagree and hope for a draw that would keep everyone happy.

David Treharne

Rationally looking at the way we are playing and the confidence within the squad we should easily pick up more than 5 points.
What has ever been 'rational' about watching Exeter City play?

iscalad

Can't we just agree to disagree and hope for a draw that would keep everyone happy.
Nooooooo.... This is Exeweb. ;)

grecIAN Harris

If we win and Vale win, it means Rovers can’t catch us, meaning only Northampton and Mansfield can (in terms of the automatics, Vale are already there). Right now, Rovers can catch us.
Your mindset and logic is completely twisted. We are going to have to blow up in catastrophic proportions for Rovers to catch us. Vale on the other hand, as I pointed out, could overtake us today. I'd sooner keep them all at arm's length which is what a Rovers win will do for us.