• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Swindon Town Matchday Thread

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
So do I; Re: LM, I think after 10 years its run its course.
Is it 10 years already? Christ, some of the kids giving him abuse after the game must have only been 2 or 3 at the time.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
F*** LM if he had buggered off to a non descript job like a builder or painter he wouldn't be getting abuse every week.

He is still in a public job where people will express their feeling towards someone who killed 2 kids because he was pi$$ed at the wheel ....... He made that choice and the murdered kids family live with that every day.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
F*** LM if he had buggered off to a non descript job like a builder or painter he wouldn't be getting abuse every week.

He is still in a public job where people will express their feeling towards someone who killed 2 kids because he was pi$$ed at the wheel ....... He made that choice and the murdered kids family live with that every day.
Would he get the same abuse from City fans if he hadn't been Argyle at the time? How many of the oh so principled people that are chanting have driven after having had a skinful? If he worked in another job then would you feel it acceptable to "express feelings" by going to his place of work and repeatedly chanting murderer? Does he get similar abuse from fans at other clubs?

dontpassback

He was a good keeper,once a long time ago,he played for that poor Cornish team who let him leave and has has now rocked up at another poor team managed by perma tan Phil,end of !

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Yes he would from me no matter what club he was at during that time made worse by that lot down the road giving him the captains armband !

If he was a builder or painter I wouldn't employ him for any job , and to answer your I have never driven over the limit I prefer to walk or get a cab exactly what he should have done especially on the wages he was earning.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure why Tisdale made such hard work of it this leagues a piece of ****.
It's certainly a lot weaker than last season. Three of the promoted teams from last season are top half in League One, and the other is 18th.

But there's a freshness about us this season and I have thought ever since half time at Mansfield that we're going up automatically, and never thought we'd do that last season, even with our good start, which I said then. We just tend to look like the better team all the time this season, even when we're on the back foot.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I agree, he did get knocked about a bit today again. Near the end, I thought their player might have seen red when he whacked JS in the puss! I'm assuming the referee saw that as recklessness as opposed to violent conduct? That must have been right in front of you Ant?
Yes, but funnily enough I thought it the least ‘dirty’ of all the challenges on him. Basically Stockley turned to run and just ran straight into the bloke - there was nothing he could do to get out of the way.

grecIAN Harris

Enjoyed the game then Harris. Just goes to show the great job that Taylor is doing, not playing particularly well and still comfortably winning.
I enjoyed the game but just felt frustrated that we didn't dish out the pasting that was there on a plate for a little care and quality.
What I didn't enjoy was the predictable but very cringe worthy McCormick chants.

Last edited:

andrew p long

I wonder what the point of bringing back Hartridge was when he still doesn't make the bench, was getting useful game time at Truro.
Hartridge suffered a bad injury playing for the U23s and is out injured.

It might be better if you listened to Matt Taylor’s interviews before handing out criticism of his decisions.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great win and clean sheet against a Swindon side who had something about them, and a decent turn out, too. Enjoying this much more than life under the Cheese, we are fresher and winning games without boring the opposition to death for 70 minutes first