• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Sutton United Matchday Thread

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It must be one of our best defensive starts ever, who was it that said we'd have the worst defence in the division?
I think the defence deserve huge credit today. For all Sutton's physicality and dominance of possession I think Dawson only had one decent save to make.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
and one of those was a pen.
Which shouldn't have been a penalty.

Macca

Owura looks decent, thought he made a difference when he came on. Taylor also in the middle got control of the ball better than kite

CityTillIDie

Shoes off if you hate argyle, cracking atmosphere! Up the C20

WXF

Seth Conway is a human vidiprinter who, because he doesn’t forewarn when he is about to reveal other scores, never fails to ruin Match of the Day. It is an odd situation to have a wing of the BBC actively undermine a flagship programme of a different wing of the BBC, especially when many of us pay extra for Radio Devon’s commentary through iFollow. Few others sap as much enjoyment from my life as he. It’s like he can’t really believe people want to follow ECFC and so needs to tell us what’s going on in other matches - that he isn’t watching - to help justify us tuning in. The club’s commentator of Wednesday’s Premier League Cup match against Wolves is much better.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Funny old game. Felt like it was only a matter of time til Sutton scored. When Nombe stays central he'll get more chances to score.

CraigECFC

Ray was absolutely rock solid today. Won absolutely everything, blocked absolutely everything & cleared one off the line! Hartridge and Sweeney really weren’t at their best today so Ray had to be even better. He was my man of the match.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well I never gave up on us, as long as we were still on it we could turn it around. We owe so much to Dawson for keeping us in that game.
I couldn't understand why we played 3 centre halves, Sweeny was poor, surely a 4;4 2 formation was doable and with a proper left winger, Caprice is still the stopping point for our attacks. Jay did well and when we found some space we looked good but still not overly impressed by the rawness of Nombe. He scored {one) but needs lots of work. It might seem harsh being critical of a team that has picked up a very useful 3 points against a good team but say it as you see it!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I couldn't understand why we played 3 centre halves, Sweeny was poor
I don't think Sweeney did anything wrong defensively personally. His distribution was poor sometimes but so was Hartridge's.

CityTillIDie

Sutton all over us first half lucky not to score, credit to the keeper. Woke up second half (Barcelona in disguise)