• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Stevenage : EFL Trophy : MDT

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Plus it would be a blue vs red final, the best ones are blue vs red.

andrew p long

Yikes. Joel Randall looks really impressive from the highlights.

Interesting that on Saturday , in a tight game with our backs to the wall, MT needed an attacking sub for the last 30 minutes. On the bench he had great options - Nicky Ajose, Matt Jay and Ben Seymour. But chose Joel Randall....

ryancooper327

Colesman Ballz

League and Cup (well, Trophy) double anyone?

Am I right in saying that the 4th div title in 89/90 is the only real trophy we have ever won? This could be BIG :)
Won the Devon Professional Bowl quite a few times ! LOL

Andy_H

Won the Devon Professional Bowl quite a few times ! LOL
Now that is a REAL trophy!

budegrecian

Yikes. Joel Randall looks really impressive from the highlights.

Interesting that on Saturday , in a tight game with our backs to the wall, MT needed an attacking sub for the last 30 minutes. On the bench he had great options - Nicky Ajose, Matt Jay and Ben Seymour. But chose Joel Randall....
We were under the cosh a bit &, a bit like Randall Williams, Joel can pick up the ball in his own half & take us up the pitch & into the opposition with his pace & running ability. Thereby relieving the pressure. Good as both Nicky Ajose & Ben Seymour are, that's not their game.
Whilst still a bit raw, I agree he does look impressive.

jambo

Well-known Exeweb poster
We were under the cosh a bit &, a bit like Randall Williams, Joel can pick up the ball in his own half & take us up the pitch & into the opposition with his pace & running ability. Thereby relieving the pressure. Good as both Nicky Ajose & Ben Seymour are, that's not their game.
Whilst still a bit raw, I agree he does look impressive.
Amongst other things, there are two qualities that Joel Randall possesses which mark him out as a potential star for us in the future - first, time & again he makes, or finds, space for himself which allows him to create chances for others or for himself; second, he rarely gives possession away.

budegrecian

Amongst other things, there are two qualities that Joel Randall possesses which mark him out as a potential star for us in the future - first, time & again he makes, or finds, space for himself which allows him to create chances for others or for himself; second, he rarely gives possession away.
Yes agreed. At present I think he is still a little rushed in & around the box, when looking to finish, & just needs a bit more composure, but I expect that to develop quite quickly as he gets game time.
Certainly a star for the, hopefully not to distant, future. & to think MT was bemoaning the fact a couple of weeks ago that he couldn't get a game when we sent him on loan to Wemouth for a month...

Grecian2K

League and Cup (well, Trophy) double anyone?
Only a double? Have you forgotten the U23 Premier League Cup as well??

Colesman Ballz

Yes agreed. At present I think he is still a little rushed in & around the box, when looking to finish, & just needs a bit more composure, but I expect that to develop quite quickly as he gets game time.
Certainly a star for the, hopefully not to distant, future. & to think MT was bemoaning the fact a couple of weeks ago that he couldn't get a game when we sent him on loan to Wemouth for a month...
Maybe it would be worth checking out whoever was keeping him out of their team ?